XXIX. Heinz and The Actors

IS CLARA BLIND? Out of style glasses, weird clothes that didn't seem to fit, the stench of cheap perfume, and even touchy behavior

With this man in front of me, who looked suspicious at first glance, I began to seriously question Clara's taste.

"Mr. Heinz, this is my younger brother."

"Hello, I'm Clara's younger brother, Ciel."

'You can't be rude to your sister's partner on your first meeting, no matter how bad or untrustworthy they are.'

I began to greet him. Heinz, the man who met my older sister every day these days, and perhaps her unrequited love, was a commoner who had just arrived at the Capital from the countryside.

Whether it is a reflection of his personality or simply my assumptions, my first impression of him was unfavorable.

There are few people who hate me at first sight, but Heinz glared at me as if I were about to cause trouble.

"Miss Clara, I can't believe you brought your little brother here. It's troublesome[1]."

It was amusing because he didn't know who I was, but he despised me outright. It's amazing that even after hearing Valentine's last name, he has no idea who we are.

In front of the arrogant Heinz, the kind Clara simply asked for his understanding.

"I couldn't leave him alone at home. My brother is a gentle and nice boy, so please understand for today."

"Oh, my God. It's not like I'll go around talking about what happens here."

It seemed suspicious to be that angry. On top of that, it's strange that the source of his anger is somehow subtly different from what may be normal.

What the hell are you up to? Why are you so wary of me being next to you? This is why it just seemed more suspicious.

For the name, Valentine, usually, an ordinary nobleman makes an effort to look good. A prime example is the former Marquis Norton.

Even if it's not the case, since my first impression is very strong, I hear a lot of compliments about how pretty handsome I am.

But since the beginning, this man has been treating me like an annoying saboteur child.

His reply was refreshing.

"Adults are busy with important things, so don't disturb us."

"Yes." You shouldn't judge a person by his appearance, but he had greasy hair and mean eyes.

His first impression was a total fail. Minus five thousand points.

Why the hell does Clara like this guy?

Without knowing I was grinding my teeth inside, Heinz even slipped his hand around my sister's shoulder.

"Let's go take a look at the flower beds."