VIII. Clara's Debut

"WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO SAY

"WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO SAY."

"Thank you, brother." Fortunately, Theo listened to me without distorting me. If Cielle hadn't acted recklessly, Theo would have been the next Duke of Valentine.

As long as you know the terrible future, you can't let it go. My shoulder, which has to save everyone, got heavier and heavier.

After sending my brother like that, I finally arrived at the glass garden.

The ornamental flowers outside were managed by gardeners, but the herbs in the glass greenhouse were managed by Clara.

The Duke of Valentine, who respected his daughters' hobby, collected all kinds of rare herbs, and it is not unreasonable to say that astronomical amounts of precious herbs are filled in this greenhouse, probably in terms of money alone.

Of course I don't recognize it at all. I sighed for no reason, looking at the grass that looked the same no matter how hard I looked at it.

"Ciel!"

"Uh, sister!'"

She should be busy preparing for her debut, but Clara came to water the plants despite her busy schedule.

Still, it's a good thing that her debut has been set. I'm ten years old now, and I can't let Clara be my babysitter until then.

Personally, I was more proud than sad to see Clara find something she was good at.

"What's this?"

"It's Loenthal, the flowers are poisonous, but the roots are its antidote."

At first glance, I don't think I can even remember it because it was just like that, but Clara taught me about the use of various other herbs.

"If you are suffering from food poisoning, you can eat this paste by sweetening it, and if you break the paste and attach it to the wound when you are injured, the wound will heal quickly and the pain will be less."

Even if I hear the explanation, they all look the same as grass. I don't know if I even want to listen anymore. Even after my sister left, I sighed at the flowers.

"My sister is so intelligent. I don't know what's what and the difference at all."

"Me neither," Merryll shrugged when I said I didn't know. On this occasion, I sneaked into Merryll's mind, wondering what the employees would think.

"Merryll, you don't like me doing this?"

"No way. I like everything you like." Considering what Merryll did to Clara in the original book, I really can't imagine her current attitude.

The reason why I didn't hesitate to do anything really bad was actually simple. Mrs. Lisbon.

Like her, Merryll was a loyal employee who worked for a long time in this Valentine's family.