LI. Bewilderment

"I NEED TO FIND A PLACE TO BUILD A FIRE." He moved about skillfully, gathering pieces of wood that hadn't gotten wet yet. He had become familiar with a lot of things on the battlefield.

During that time he had nearly died several times as well, so it seemed he had even become accustomed to that.

As soon as the fire was lit Alex removed his wet shirt, exposing his upper body. That is going to make things difficult for me. I've thought this before, but Alex's future wife/husband is going to be really happy.

While he had been wearing clothes I hadn't even noticed his well developed shoulders or the muscles on his forearms, but after he removed a layer of clothing I unconsciously started to blush.

"What's wrong?"

"No, it's nothing."

I could have dried off quickly using magic, but I couldn't be bothered. Once the fire was blazing, I dried my clothes by slowly circulating the air around.

I had been wearing wet clothes for quite a while, so I let out an involuntary sneeze in front of the crackling bonfire.

"Achoo!"

"Are you okay?" After just a single sneeze, Alex hurriedly grabbed me and put his hand on my forehead. Oh man, he's making it really really difficult for me here.

What should I do about the strange thoughts I kept having in front of this innocent child? Every time this kind of thing happened, I became aware of the fact that my mind wasn't that of a 15 year old.

He wasn't an oblivious child, so if he wanted to walk around like that, then there was no reason for me to stop him. I kept a straight face and diligently pretended to be nonchalant while ignoring what Alex was doing.

"You don't seem to have a fever. All the same, I'm glad that your clothes dried quickly."

"Maybe there was some wind. Your Highness, are you all right?"

"I train regularly, so this is nothing."

He said he was fine, but his cheeks were red. Was it because we had gotten rained on too much earlier? When I reached out and touched his forehead, it felt pretty warm.

"You seem to be running a fever."

"No, I'm fine."

"What do you mean you're fine? Please lie down here."

We'd be in trouble if Alex actually got sick. Alex's cloak was still damp, so I dried it neatly using magic and then spread it out on the ground. I gladly offered up my lap for Alex's sake.

In a moment of bewilderment he lay down and rested his head on my lap. He seemed unfamiliar with this type of hospitality. Welcome. This is the first time you've experienced something like this, right?