XXXI. Sickness

ISAAC RUSHED OVER TO HELP CIEL

ISAAC RUSHED OVER TO HELP CIEL. He collapsed into Isaac's arms as he fell unconscious. 

Meanwhile, Theo comforted Clara, who was trembling and as white as a ghost.

"Clara, are you okay?"

"Brother, Ciel, Ciel is in danger."

For the time being, the fallen sibling took priority. Theo scattered his mana to swiftly teleport them back to the Valentine's Duchy.

The three brothers who hurried Ciel into the bedroom began to figure out what was going on right away.

"So, is that the guy Clara likes?"

"Sister Clara, I didn't expect that, but you have a very peculiar taste."

Clara mentioned to Ciel that she liked someone, so Issac and Louis assumed Heinz was the one. Theo, on the other hand, had a different idea.

"Last time, she said she was about to sign a contract. I think it was this."

"A contract?"

"She said the association wanted her to work with them, and it didn't seem especially worrisome, so I let it pass, but now I suspect something's wrong."

Last time, after Ciel left, Theo reviewed Clara's contract.

The amount was ridiculously small, but it was a big deal for a new pharmacist to be in charge of managing the drug ingredients, so he told her to do well, but the overall situation was odd.

"Brother, I need to look into something, so I'll be right back."

Isaac and Louis left the mansion to seek clues about the flowers Ciel had brought. Meanwhile, Clara, who had barely gained stability, cried and blamed herself.

"Because of me... Our Ciel, what do we do now?"

"It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay."

"What happens if Ciel doesn't regain consciousness?" Theo hugged Clara, who was in tears.

"Young Duke, Theo, what's going on?"

Alex, who had been waiting for a while, dashed in after hearing the news late. Fortunately, he didn't run into the younger siblings.

Ciel's breathing had calmed down considerably by the time the three arrived at her room. Clara examined Ciel, who was fast asleep.

"I think he ate the wrong trana flower. Our poor Ciel, it must have hurt a lot."

"Clara, he seems to have stabilized, so rest today."

"I'll take care of Ciel."

Theo tried to persuade Clara to rest and Alex stepped up. Still, Theo tried to decline because it was a family matter, but Clara agreed immediately and left Ciel in Alex's care.