XV. Proposal

ARE YOU STUPID? Are you an idiot? Just say no

ARE YOU STUPID? Are you an idiot? Just say no. What's so hard about that? Why do you always end up treated like that?

Even after hearing my harsh criticism, she laughed rather than getting angry at me once. My sister, who couldn't say no to any demand and lived like a fool all her life, ended up caught in a fire accident and died because she accepted to change shifts like she always did since she was in school.

At first, she had escaped safely but when she heard there were people trapped inside, she ran back in.

I was amazed at the survivor's words. If she had stayed, she would have saved her life, but my sister, who foolishly jumped into the fire scene, saved the lives of more than 10 people.

Among them, there was an old man and a five-year-old girl. I couldn't smile, even after leaving behind those who cried because of the joy of their precious family returning.

After saving so many people, my sister couldn't escape from the huge flames.

I don't think I can get back home. I'm sorry.

Only messages that could not be sent were left intact on my sister's phone, which was discovered after.

I'm not curious about why I came into this book. I no longer exist over there.

However, one thing I realized is that I don't want to have the same regrets again.

"Family."

"Yes, family. My sister is my precious family."

Just as Clara cared about me in place of her lost brother, I was also looking for traces of my sister who died in Clara.

If I had known it would be like this, I wouldn't have been so hard on my sister by asking why she lived like such a fool.

"I didn't mean to make you cry."

Tears streamed down my cheeks before I knew it. I thought I had forgotten about it already, but the traces of my sister still seemed to remain somewhere in my mind.

"I told you. I like my sister the most in the world."

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you when I was alive.

Knowing that it would not be passed on, I recited the words that have become a habit now.

Alex seemed quite embarrassed by me suddenly bursting into tears. He rummaged inside his pocket for something, took out a handkerchief, and stuck it out to me.

"Use this to wipe your tears."

I didn't mean to show you this. No matter how pretty Cielle is, when her eyes are swollen, she looks a bit ridiculous then! I also looked ridiculous! so I pressed my eyes hard to wipe my tears.

"Give it to me."

Perhaps I wasn't doing it right, but Alex took away my handkerchief and wiped my teary face.