XXI. Stan Winterbaum

THERE IS ONE REASON WHY I CARE ABOUT LOUIS, even though I call him a jerk every time

THERE IS ONE REASON WHY I CARE ABOUT LOUIS, even though I call him a jerk every time. It's because he's the only one of us siblings who didn't inherit our father's green eyes.

Besides, his hair is black. He resembles our grandmother, but between our siblings, Louis was the only one who looked different.

When I reached out to my brother, I heard some voices coming from the other side of the hallway.

"Did you say Louis? What a waste of Valentine's name, did the Duchess really give birth to him?"

"You said there was an adoptive child. Was it him?"

The cold mockery of those who didn't even know anything made me speechless. Louis, now 17, only bit his lips and said nothing.

You must have been hurt. I took off my hood and hugged Louis.

"That's funny. What do they know?"

"Ciel."

"Were you nervous because a lot of people came? I saw you earlier and you seemed very rigid."

Maybe it was because I became quite attached after five years. Now, our bad boy looked pretty cute, too. Far from appreciating the consolation I gave him, Louis just snorted and pushed me away.

"Don't do this to me, just do it with your favorite Crown Prince."

"What do you mean?"

"You say you're friends and always stick together."

Ever since he became the Crown Prince, Alex has often stopped by the mansion. He brought me birthday gifts every year, and we went on a trip together. As my dad became Alex's supporter, we became close really quickly.

"That's because we're in the same boat."

"I don't want to hear you, go away!"

Louis ran away with a grumpy attitude, probably because he was jealous of us, who've become close friends.

"I'm a fool anyway."

It's because he was nervous, so if he takes the 2nd test in a few days, he'll go up to grade A soon. Louis still has a long way to go, considering that this is shaking his mind[1].

But I've done everything I have to do, so let's go home. I put on my hood again and headed to the carriage.

"Ciel!"

I felt sure no one would recognize me, but I overheard my bright sister's voice somewhere. I thought she was going to a tea party in place of Mom, but Clara waved at me in a pretty fancy dress.

You're like 300 meters away, but you still could recognize me from such a long distance. She must have come to Louis' test even if it was late, but unfortunately, it's already over.