XXXIII. Hidden Intentions

"GUYS!" My parents, who arrived late at night, were surprised by the odd mood in the mansion

"GUYS!" My parents, who arrived late at night, were surprised by the odd mood in the mansion. Even with the pile of gifts in front of us, our minds were wandering elsewhere.

Theo was serious, and Isaac was sulking. He looked sad, and only our brat, Louis, snooped around at the gifts.

"What happened?"

"No–nothing happened!"

We all speak in unison as if planned. Everything was orchestrated by Theo.

– Never tell our parents, don't make it obvious, especially Louis, watch your mouth.

If Mom or Dad made a move, it would give Queen Lotte an excuse to act, so we followed Theo's instructions.

"How was your vacation?"

"It was great. On the way home, we bought a new summer villa. Let's spend our summer vacation there this year."

'I can't believe you saw a pretty villa on your way here and bought it completely.'

As expected, my dad was in a different league.

Still, they both looked very happy because it was their first vacation by themselves in a long time.

"Mom, I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

I had no idea that the reason why Stan wasn't able to come was because Mom was blocking him. Only after they left for a short while did I realize how well-protected I was.

Before our parents returned, the five of us, knowing we had missed Heinz's group[1], went straight to holding a family meeting.

"I agree with Clara entering the Palace."

Theo also thought it was the best choice. If Clara was left as it was, Queen Lotte could find out about the case, and Valentine's family itself could be dragged down, accused of drug cultivation.

And if she continued working for the association, she'd definitely meet Heinz again.

That's why it was the safest choice to enter the Palace as the Crown Prince's pharmacist and make a name for herself.

It'll be good if I could also go with her just in case Clara gets in trouble.

"I don't like it. Ciel's still young."

"Issac, it's because Brother doesn't know, he's really strong, even if he looks like that." Isaac was against it, but my bratty brother did his best to help me out.

After a long strategy meeting, I sneaked out of my room with a pillow in hand and knocked on my parents' bedroom door.

It opened and my dad, wearing pajamas, welcomed me.