Chapter 1

Chapter 1 The things in the basket disappeared.

"Happy birthday!" The large conference room of the law firm was full of people, surrounded by flowers.

A large five-layer cake was placed on the conference table, and the boss stood in front of the cake.

Today is the boss's birthday, so Wen Wen has been left to decorate the place and purchase the necessary things.

When Wen Wen was purchasing things, the words that Lawyer Gao told her appeared unconsciously in her ears.

"Be nice, the boss is not short of money. The boss hinted that he wants to hold a birthday party at the law firm and give a speech on the matter. Don't save him money. I will come to him to reimburse him when the time comes. Oh, by the way, cake It must not be less than 3 floors. The boss doesn't like the number 4 very much, so let's make it 5 floors."

I haven't been very busy at work this week, and most of it has been completed.

Yesterday, with the permission of Lawyer Gao, she recruited a trainee lawyer Tiantian to sign up for field work and went out to fish.

No, I am preparing to purchase something.

Because it was summer, food with too much flavor would make people feel uncomfortable, so Wen Wen planned to order some food with less flavor.

Wen Wen first went to a well-known local cake shop. Thinking of Lawyer Gao's words, she nodded slightly affirmatively.

Then he pointed to a fruit cake with several layers and said: "Hello, I want this cake. Can this style be made into a five-layer cake?" It was a

big business, and the clerk quickly said yes.

Wen Wen turned around and saw the bread placed in the glass display window.

I ordered another 50 egg tarts and puffs, and then added some money to have the clerk deliver them to the office at 11 a.m. tomorrow.

When I left the cake shop and was going to have a drink, I got a call from the office.

It's another lawyer with better connections.

Knowing that she had gone out to prepare some things, I called to say that the fruit shop she often went to had new perfume pineapples on sale, and asked if I could buy some for her.

There was nothing else to do anyway, so Wen Wen agreed, took a taxi and set off to the fruit shop.

There was not much business in the fruit shop in the afternoon. The weather was a bit hot and the clerks were a little lazy. Wen Wen looked at the fruits and found them quite good.

I first helped the lawyer and asked the clerk if there were any perfumed pineapples left, and the answer he got was that they had already been ordered.

Wen Wen didn't force it. She told the lawyer that it was gone. After hanging up the phone, she looked around.

Suddenly I thought ordering some fruits would be a good choice.

I have never bought fruit from so many people, so I don't know how much is appropriate.

So I called a clerk who was standing by and asked, "If there are about 50 people, how many watermelons should I buy?" "Are we

just buying watermelons? We can make platters here. You can choose more types. Now choose what you like, take it over and weigh it, we will put it separately for you, and when it is ready, it can be delivered to your door." Maybe he

heard that Wen Wen was using fruit for the company party, and the clerk quickly reacted sell.

Some fruits are difficult to cut open.

Wen Wen finally chose some watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, ordinary pineapples, cherry tomatoes, mangoes, and grapes under the strong recommendation of the store clerk.

I also chose a 4-piece packing box from the fruit shop and let the people in the fruit shop choose the combination. I left an address and asked them to deliver it to the office at 11 o'clock tomorrow.

The sun was quite strong outside, so it was still early to leave the fruit shop.

Wen Wen was going to continue the plan before buying fruit and find a store to have something to drink.

I took Tiantian to a nearby milk tea shop, planning to sit there for a while before continuing to buy things.

Wen Wen ordered a cup of lemon tea and sat on a chair to read messages on her phone.

In the small group of colleagues, several people knew that she and Tiantian had gone shopping and asked what they bought.

Looking at the grape cheese for sweet dessert, Wen Wen suddenly thought that she still had something to drink.

Anyway, the party is for everyone to drink. It's best to drink what you like, so I asked people in the group what they wanted to drink tomorrow.

Some said milk tea and some said coffee. Wen Wen decided to order 25 cups each of milk tea and coffee later.

After resting for a while at the milk tea shop, she continued to order drinks with Tiantian.

It's better to take care of the boss's feelings on his birthday. I went to a coffee shop where the boss often drinks.

I ordered 15 cups of iced Americano and 10 cups of latte. I went to a better milk tea shop in the city and ordered 25 cups of milk tea.

It just so happened that they were checking their mobile phones while resting at a milk tea shop and saw local food recommendations.

There is a shop specializing in snacks that looked very good just now.

Wen Wen decided to finally check if there was anything suitable and end the purchase.

The snack shop is in a courtyard, with flowers planted everywhere. The surrounding area is very quiet, except for the occasional person taking food and some customers coming to the shop.

In order to save time and not delay getting off work, Wen Wen was too lazy to read slowly.

I communicated with the shop owner about the recommended snacks, and finally ordered some fried potato grids, fried chicken, hot and sour chicken feet, and honey grilled chicken wings.

When we came out of the snack bar, the sun was already starting to set.

I took out my phone and looked at the time. It was already time to get off work.

Wen Wen said that she had already ordered the things, and they got back quickly and said that they could clock in and get off work directly.

Everything was arranged the next day. After everyone said happy birthday to the boss who was standing at the conference table, the boss did not look surprised at all and even described his business blueprint around the birthday.

What's even more surprising is that he even took out a piece of paper from his arms, a piece of paper with a poem he wrote on it.

It was as if I had rehearsed everything in my mind a hundred times.

At this moment, Wen Wen suddenly understood what Lawyer Gao said about his boss hinting that he wanted to celebrate his birthday at the law firm.

As expected of you, boss.

The corner of his mouth twitched slightly, and he listened carefully to the boss's description of his struggle history while eating.

Fortunately, it was soon time to get off work at noon.

The boss had a meeting out of town in the afternoon and had to leave at noon, so he disappeared soon after get off work.

At noon, the administrative front desk and several assistants cleaned up the conference room after eating and drinking. After throwing away the garbage, they found that there was still a lot of food left.

There were 5 cups of coffee left, 7 cups of milk tea left, and after putting the remaining fried chicken, potato grids, chicken wings, and egg tart puffs together, I found a few boxes that had not been opened, and some fruits were left.

There are only two layers left of the five-layer cake.

Originally, when Wen Wen purchased food, she calculated the approximate number of people in the law firm, including the two teams on business trips.

Generally speaking, teams traveling on business trips do not have out-of-town projects and will return to the law firm on Friday before continuing their business trip.

But when she was about to get off work in the afternoon, she didn't see the other two teams coming back.

I asked Lawyer Gao and he said that one team went directly to meet the boss at night and then got off work, while another team had an emergency and did not come back on weekends.

Today is Friday, and after get off work it will be Saturday and Sunday's rest time.

The weather is still quite hot now, and the things I bought are basically not suitable for storage.

Even if you put it in the refrigerator, you won't be able to eat these things until you go to work on Monday.

After talking to Gao Lu, she first transferred the purchase money, and then asked her colleagues to take some back so as not to waste it.

But when I got off work on Friday, I still had a lot of things left.

I wanted to save the morning cake for my colleagues who were coming back from a business trip in the afternoon, so I cut it up and put it in some boxes in the refrigerator.

But those who brought things may have thought that the cake was difficult to handle, so they left the cake untouched.

However, there are still two cups of milk tea with cheese left, and the other three cups of coffee are also left.

The ice in the iced American style has melted a little, and it doesn't look like I want to drink it.

The weather was hot, so they didn't touch the fried chicken when they brought it in the afternoon.

After ordering, there were still 2 boxes of untouched fried chicken and potato strips, 1 box of unopened chicken wings, 5 egg tarts and 10 puffs.

The fruits are almost eaten, but there are still 3 boxes of grapes left, and 2 boxes of mangoes and strawberry platters.

Wen Wen washed the cup before leaving get off work, and when she was about to leave, only one other colleague was left.

Wen Wen asked casually: "Xiao Yin, do you want to bring some food back?"

Xiao Yin shook his head.

There are a lot of things left, and it would be a pity not to eat them today and throw them away together.

I sighed, picked up 2 egg tarts and 2 puffs, and picked up a box of mango and strawberry platter to take home.

I couldn't eat the rest even if I took it back.

Wen Wen glanced at the office, preparing to pack up the remaining things and take them downstairs to throw them away.

If you don't throw it away, it will definitely be full of mosquitoes when Monday comes, and when the boss comes and sees it, he will be taught a lesson.

It turns out that there was an incident where a colleague ate sushi in the pantry and forgot to throw it away. After the weekend, the sky was full of mosquitoes.

Thinking about that situation, Wen Wen felt a little numb.

The large garbage bag in the law firm was a little thin. Wen Wen was afraid that the bag would be damaged on the road and the contents would leak out. She glanced around and saw a large frame in the corner that was used to hold fruits when the fruit shop delivered them in the morning.

At this time, half of the box was filled with straw paper and some wrapping paper and plastic wrap, and the other half was empty.

Wen Wen put in the remaining 2 boxes of fried chicken and potato grids, 1 box of chicken wings, 3 egg tarts, 8 puffs, 2 cups of milk tea, 3 cups of coffee, a strawberry and mango platter and 3 boxes of grapes.

The frame is almost full, and the uneaten portioned cakes are placed on top.

As soon as she put the frame away and moved it outside the door, she suddenly heard someone calling her.

"Wenwen, do you have the documents for Project A? Can you send them to me? I can't find them before." After saying

hello, Wen Wen returned to the office, opened the computer, found the files and sent them over.

After the transfer was completed, the two of them walked out of the law firm one after another with the things they wanted to take back.

Almost getting off the elevator, Wen Wen suddenly remembered that the things in the box had not been lost, and she couldn't wait until Monday to lose them again.

She talked to her colleague who was going downstairs and told her to go first, then she went back to the elevator to take it down and throw it away.

Something is wrong, very wrong.

I had obviously packed the things I wanted to throw away and put them in the basket, but now there was nothing in the basket.

Let's not talk about the problem that the office building is basically empty and no one is taking it.

Even if someone takes it, it would be more convenient to carry the basket with you. Or if someone wants to throw it away, it would be more normal to throw it with the basket.

Moreover, the quality of this basket is not very good. It is thin and a little dusty, so there is no need to keep it.

Wen Wen still felt a little strange and didn't know what she was thinking. When she left, she took the basket home with her.

In the southern capital of Jingcheng, a strange thing also happened in the Xie Mansion.

The Xie family has been officials for generations, and it can be said that everyone in Jingcheng knows about it. Today, the Holy Emperor has placed much emphasis on the Xie family.

The old man of the Xie family resigned from office in old age, but the eldest son of the family, Xie Zhiwu, was the cavalry general of the Nanlin Dynasty, the second master, Xie Zhiwen, was the crown prince and tutor of the Nanlin Dynasty, and the third master, Xie Zhilin, was very talented and became a bachelor of the Hanlin Academy at a young age.

Xie Zhilin not only has an outstanding family background, but also has an outstanding appearance. He can bear the saying that a stranger is as good as jade, and a son is unparalleled in the world.

A few days ago, Xie Zhilin broke his leg while riding a horse. The emperor was afraid that he would fall ill, so he allowed him to rest at home.

Today was no different from usual. Xie Zhilin took a short lunch break and then came to the study to handle government affairs.

Although he is recuperating at home, he cannot take any time off from government affairs.

The weather was a bit sultry, and a thin layer of sweat could not help but appear on the jade-like face.

Xie Zhilin called the guard Xie Yi outside the door.

Instructing him to put the tea in the ice cellar for a while before bringing it back, Xie Yi agreed and turned around to go out.

Xie Zhilin looked at his figure disappearing through the door, and was just about to lower his head and continue handling government affairs.

But I felt that there was something extra on the other desk. When I walked to the desk, I found something suddenly appeared in the porcelain basin on the table.