Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Envelope and Gold

Porridge is a mixture of black preserved eggs and flesh-colored lean meat. The rice grains are slightly sticky and look very soft and waxy.

It smelled of a special aroma, "Since Brother Lin said so, let's all try it." Before the

porridge entered the mouth, Xie Wei'an, who was sitting on the side, boasted loudly, "Uncle Third, it tastes good. It's also delicious." The pastries that day were also delicious. Can An'er have some more?"

When delivering the pastries to the first room that day, Xie Wei'an also shared them with his brothers and sisters in the second room.

After hearing this and recalling the novel pastries they had never seen that day, they all stared at Xie Zhilin eagerly.

At this time, everyone in the room, old and young, took a sip of preserved egg and lean meat porridge, with a look of satisfaction on their faces, and at the same time they were a little curious about what Xie Wei'an was talking about.

"Uncle San will give it to you next time we meet." Xie Zhilin smiled faintly and touched his round head.

Xie Zhiwu on the side seemed to be thinking of something.

"Third brother, did the cup of black water you brought me yesterday come from the same place as the pastries this boy brought back? I don't know if it's my imagination, but I always feel like I can't sleep after drinking it, and it seems to refresh me. The effect."

Xie Zhilin thought for a moment and nodded slightly.

"Don't tell me, I really think that cup is a good thing. If I drink it every day, I won't have to sleep. It might be useful during the war." Xie Zhilin was a little funny when he heard this, but unfortunately he didn't have it either

. I don't know when this thing will appear again, and I don't know what it is, so I can only pretend not to understand Xie Zhiwu's hint.

"Brother, I found this thing from a businessman from the Western Regions I met some time ago. I didn't buy much at the time. I'll talk to him next time I meet him."

Xie Zhiwu said hello, and the father and son lowered their heads and continued eating.

After having breakfast and bidding farewell to the elders, Xie Zhilin returned to his yard.

While eating just now, he suddenly thought of a question, "If something can suddenly appear in a porcelain basin, can it also make things suddenly disappear?" Thinking of this, he quickened his pace, walked into the study, and stood in the porcelain basin

. I didn't know what to put next to the basin for a while.

He called Xie Yi in, pointed at the porcelain basin and said, "Take a grain of gold and put it in and have a look."

Upon hearing this, Xie Yi immediately took out a grain of gold from his purse and slowly put it into the porcelain basin.

When he let go, the gold fell into the porcelain basin with a crisp sound, and there was a grain of gold lying in the white porcelain basin.

As if the things he put in could not disappear, Xie Zhilin picked up the gold and prepared it for Xie Yi to hold. Suddenly he seemed to remember something and put the gold in his hand into the porcelain basin.

At this time, the gold did not lie quietly in the porcelain basin, but disappeared the moment it touched the porcelain basin.

Xie Yi couldn't help but widen his eyes, as if he had discovered some secret.

Xie Zhilin looked at the traces of gold disappearing, raised his eyebrows, looked around the study, took out an idle book from the bookshelf and put it in.

This time, like gold disappearing, the book disappeared the moment it was put into the porcelain basin.

Then he took another painting from the wall. This time it was not folded, but it was lightly covered on the surface of the porcelain basin. The painting still disappeared like the gold and the book before.

Seeing this, Xie Zhilin suddenly put his hand up.

"Master! No!" Xie Yi, who was on the side, watched as everything in contact with the porcelain basin disappeared. Suddenly he saw Xie Zhilin put his hand on the porcelain basin, and was frightened.

I was afraid that Xie Zhilin would disappear into the porcelain basin like the previous items.

But fortunately, no matter how Xie Zhilin changed his position, from gently covering it to holding it with his hands, his person did not disappear.

Xie Yi breathed a long sigh of relief and said to Xie Zhilin: "Sir, this thing is really strange. The things that appear inside do not look like someone came to the study and put them in, and the things put in them will disappear. This is too strange. If you want to Let's destroy it."

"No, this thing seems harmless now."

Xie Zhilin not only felt that this thing was harmless, but also had a rare feeling in his heart, always feeling that the other side of this porcelain basin would bring harm to him More surprises to come.

In order to know what was on the other side of the porcelain basin, Xie Zhilin wiped his hands, walked to the desk, took out a piece of white paper, and decided to write something.

Xie Yi couldn't see clearly what Xie Zhilin wrote from a distance, but he guessed that he was asking what was on the other side. He watched Xie Zhilin put away his pen and folded the letter paper and walked over.

The letter paper also disappeared into the porcelain basin.

"There won't be too many people cleaning the study in the future." Xie Zhilin ordered.

What Xie Yi saw today has completely made him doubt that there are real gods in the world. He silently thought that he must not let anyone know about this anymore. He thought that he would clean the study by himself in the future.

Xie Yi replied "Hello", closed the door and went out.

Xie Zhilin, who was in the room, stopped waiting for a possible reply and continued to work at his desk.

Dalin, who was working in the county today, felt a trace of bitterness in his heart as he thought about the scene of the family's long-lost meal last night.

When he went out in the morning, nothing new appeared in the water tank. Dalin was afraid that his wife and children would continue to be hungry since the disaster, so he saved the two steamed buns for lunch.

After finishing the work, he took the four boys with him and continued to look for other jobs in the county.

The sun is gradually setting. In the past, some manual work would be done with lamps lit. But now the entire Nanlin Dynasty is suffering from varying degrees of drought. For fear of not being able to survive, almost all the shops in the county have closed their doors early. Today, the county also Can't find any new job.

But luckily I didn't eat the noon buns today, so I kept them to take home. The four buns plus the leftover Tuqudu from yesterday should be enough for the whole family.

At dusk, the sun's shadow slants to the west, the light gradually dims, and Dalin's figure gradually disappears at the county gate.

There are many mountains around the village, and dusk seems particularly short. As soon as the sun shines on the mountains, dark shadows fall into the valleys. When I approach the door of my home, there is still some faint golden light.

Suddenly, she smelled a very faint aroma of green vegetables. Zhenzhen, who was sitting at the door waiting for Dalin to come home, saw Dalin shouting loudly, "Mom, daddy is back."

Juan Niang added a little water to the pot and simmered it. When the vegetables were put out, she saw that some of the food in the bag was already spoiled. She was afraid that if she didn't eat it, she would keep it and spoil it later, so she basically cooked most of the bag.

He filled a large basin with it, then continued to pull out the potato steak left yesterday from the stove, put it in a bowl and brought it to the table.

Dalin walked into the room. Zhenzhen and Lin Tian were already sitting at the table. They saw the table full of a large basin of watery vegetables.

Dalin blurted out: "The gods are coming to us again to deliver food?"

Juan Niang smiled and answered yes.

"Not long after you left in the morning, Zhenzhen was clamoring to sit by the water tank and keep watch. Suddenly she heard something in the tank. It turned out to be these vegetables. There were a lot of them." "The gods must know about our family

. Zhenzhen is greedy." Dalin smiled and touched Zhenzhen's head.

"Oh, by the way, I didn't eat the steamed buns I made today for lunch. There are four of them, one for each of us today."

Juan Niang became a little angry when she heard this, "You do physical work all day long, how can you not eat? Well, you won't be allowed to do this again, it will be even more sad if your body brings down our family."

Dalin smiled guiltily, sat down, agreed, gave each person a woofou, and asked the children to start eating.

The family was even fuller today than yesterday. Dalin touched his belly and felt full for a long time. He looked back at his wife and children with a satisfied look on his face.

Wen Wen on the other side didn't know that a bag of cabbage and a casserole of porridge that disappeared from the basket in the morning were eaten by ancient people.

When Wen Wen's family arrived at the hospital, grandma was already asleep. The uncle's family stood by and saw Wen Wen's family rushing in.

The uncle made a silent gesture and led them out of the ward.

"The doctor said there is nothing serious for the time being. It's just that the old man is getting older, and a little bump may cause serious problems. It's unclear what will happen next. The doctor said he will stay in the hospital for a week first and then see how he recovers. Eat

. After lunch, I returned to the ward and found that my grandma had woken up and was leaning on the hospital bed in good spirits after lunch. She was a little

surprised to see Wen Wen and her family coming, "Why are you here?" I have nothing serious to do, don't delay your work.

"Grandma, you fell down, how can this be a trivial matter? " I'll be here with you these days. "Wen Wen said angrily.

"Yes, Mom. Anyway, Wen Wen's mother and I are retired now. It's okay. We will live here for a while and wait for you to get better before leaving, or you can go back with us. "Dad Wen also echoed beside him.

"Okay, listen to me, you two continue to wait here for me to be discharged from the hospital. Wenwen has to go back to work, so she can't delay her work. "

Wen Wen's family spent two days on the weekend going back and forth between the hospital and her uncle's house. On Sunday night, grandma asked Wen Wen to take the high-speed rail home first so that she could go to work on Monday.