Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The prefect of Ceshun Prefecture, whose surname is Chen, is as skinny as the common people he saw along the way.

At this time, he bent down and hurriedly came up from the city gate, and said with some flattery: "Master Xie, I am the prefect here, my surname is Chen. You see that you are tired from traveling, so why don't you go to my house first?" Rest."

Although there was no big announcement when setting off from Jingcheng, and others should not know about it, the prefect Chen was not only able to know where Xie Zhilin and his party had arrived, but he was also able to come out to greet him as soon as possible.

Xie Zhilin was not as surprised as the people accompanying him, but rather expected it.

He stared at Magistrate Chen with a smile in his eyes for a while, and then said: "Master Chen, you are polite, Xie will naturally be very happy to do so." Magistrate Chen saw Xie Zhilin

holding a wooden box in his hand, and quickly wanted to help him get it.

They had already stretched out their hands and were about to touch the box, "Sir Xie, really, how can you take these things in person? I will get them for you." The box Xie Zhilin held in his hand contained porcelain basins, and he was afraid that something might happen

. , it was safer to hold it by myself, so I didn't give it to Xie Yi to hold.

Xie Zhilin turned sideways to avoid Magistrate Chen's hand and smiled slightly, "No need, Sir Chen."

Seeing this, Magistrate Chen, no matter how slow his brain was, could probably guess that there was something valuable to Xie Zhilin.

He smiled apologetically and said, "Okay, I just didn't have the eyesight to see it. Haha."

Xie Zhilin did not comment and followed Magistrate Chen's steps forward.

When they arrived at Magistrate Chen's residence, they didn't take much rest. After settling in for a while, Xie Zhilin led people to the main hall of Magistrate Chen.

He probably knew what Xie Zhilin was here for, so Magistrate Chen didn't flatter him any more.

Like a prisoner awaiting trial, Magistrate Chen sat quietly under Xie Zhilin.

There was some anxiety on his face, and cold sweat dripped down hard, but he didn't dare to wipe it away.

Xie Zhilin raised his eyes and said, "Why are Governor Chen so nervous? I have nothing else to do here. I just want to know about the situation in the north." "Yes, yes, Sir Xie wants to know something. I know everything I want to say." Xie Zhilin

said

. Sitting on top, his thin lips slightly opened, "Ceshun Mansion is in the middle of the north. It is not that far away from Jingcheng. But along the way, I found that except for some government relief in some cities, there is no relief at all in the village." "Don't tell me

. Elsewhere, the Tiance Village under your jurisdiction that I just passed by didn't see any relief at all." "

Mr. Chen, do you think it's too far away?"

Magistrate Chen's face changed in several colors at this time, and finally he squeezed out one that was worse than crying. Ugly smile.

He said with some hesitation: "Sir, the relief is not enough to distribute to the surrounding villages."

If there are no other problems with the distribution by the court, it will be distributed according to the reports. Although not every place can get a lot, it will not be like now.