Chapter 76

Chapter 76

Wen Wen returned to the room in a daze. The ticking sound was still there, and there was even a smell of egg.

She frowned in discomfort and hurriedly searched the room for the source of the sound and smell. Finally, she found a bowl with holes and leaks in the basket, and a broken egg.

She was a little angry and threw all the messy things into the basket.

Resisting her sleepiness, Wen Wen picked up the empty eggshells and broken water bowls, threw them all into the trash can, and wiped up the egg liquid and water spilled on the ground with paper.

The cotton and silicone pads at the bottom of the basket were dirty and wet. Wen Wen frowned and pulled them out. She found a wet handkerchief and dipped it in disinfectant and wiped the inside and outside of the basket. After drying, replace with new cotton and silicone pads.

After doing all this, the air was still filled with the smell of eggs. Wen Wen wiped the floor vigorously with disinfectant and finally opened a box of aromatherapy.

Smelling the faint smell of lavender in the air, she couldn't help but fall asleep without having time to think about who threw the eggs in the basket.

The surroundings were very noisy. Wen Wen felt as if she was in a market. The sounds of selling various things kept coming to her ears. The shouts of vendors greeting customers and the voices of customers bargaining were mixed together. From time to time, the sounds of the street shops were heard. Come and shout the name of the dish.

Wen Wen felt that she had to struggle to open her eyes, but the scene in front of her deeply shocked her.

The road surface is not very smooth, and the bluestone road is full of potholes. It must have rained just now, and the moist feeling in the air is mixed with the aroma of various foods.

It's strange, I can actually smell it in my dream...

My feet were a little cold. Wen Wen looked down and saw muddy water flowing by her feet. She was wearing the slippers she wore at home, and the bottom of the slippers had already been covered in muddy water. It left traces.

People on the road were jostling shoulder to shoulder, and there were various vendors with stalls on the left and right sides of the road. They sold fried cakes, shoe soles, and clothes. There were all kinds of things to buy. Wen Wen could clearly see next to them. The buyer took out the obsolete banknotes that he had not seen for a long time, turned his eyes back and looked into the distance, and could see the Tongzi Tower on the further side of the road.

This should be a market, and it is more like the market Wen Wen saw in her vague childhood. People here wearing bow-tie shirts and people wearing camouflage jackets are intertwined, and their hair is styled in such a way that only The look that I had seen in the photos of my father and mother when they were young, exquisite but with a sense of the times.

This place is more like a market from around the 1990s, and judging from the clothes of most of the people shopping here and the surrounding buildings, this is at least a county market.

Wen Wen subconsciously looked at her clothes. They were pajamas she wore when sleeping, and loose and comfortable long-sleeved trousers. They were incompatible with the clothes of the people here, but no one showed any strange sunshine to her, just like watching Not to her.

Wen Wen paused, then took tentative steps, preparing to follow people and walk in. As she walked, she looked at the market and the people in the market.

Her eyes kept shifting, and suddenly Wen Wen was stunned when she saw a man selling eggs in a large basket on the right side of the road. For some reason, Wen Wen felt that the middle-aged man selling eggs looked familiar.