Chapter 30: Eliminating the Seventh Princess and Second Prince

It was the start of summer, and the lotus leaves in the pond were in full bloom.

  Zheng Biyu was sitting in a cold and remote corridor to keep cool, listening to her maid's report of the movements at the princess's residence, and frowned: "The princess doesn't want to marry again?"

  The maid nodded and said, "His Highness the Crown Prince ordered the princess's servants to be detained, torturing them to interrogate what kind of deal she had made with the Yelu tribe. They found the servant who encouraged the princess to have dealings with the Hu people was Grand Princess Yiqing's loyal servant. He encouraged and coaxed the princess to incite the Yelu tribe in order to start a war, so that he could rescue Grand Princess Yiqing."

  "That loyal servant said that he originally wanted to help Princess Fukang take the position of Crown Princess...."

  The maid paused.

  Zheng Biyu calmly said: "Continue."

  The maid answered: "The servant said he wanted to use the relationship between Princess Fukang and His Highness the Crown Prince to influence the imperial court, but Princess Fukang was useless. He could only take a risk and encourage Princess Fukang to ally with the Hu people, deceiving her that he would help her to restore the country. When she married to the grassland, His Highness the Crown Prince would definitely send troops to rescue her, then he would have the opportunity to fish in troubled waters."

 "The princess learned the truth, locked herself in the room, and refused all water and rice."

  A touch of mockery flashed through Zheng Biyu's eyes.

  At first, she insisted on marrying. Now, knowing she was cheated, she didn't want to marry anymore.

  In her eyes, the important matter of diplomatic relations was equivalent to child's play.

  It was a pity that the Yelu tribe was so savage and calculating, not so easy to dismiss. Now that various parties and forces were involved, and even Southern Chu had come in to intervene, she regretted too late.

  ......

  In the princess's residence, Li Xuanzhen finished interrogating the Grand Princess Yiqing's servant. His handsome face was covered with a layer of gloom.

  The advisor asked, "Your Highness, what should be done with this lowly slave?"

  Li Xuanzhen didn't say a word and pulled out his sword.

  With a flash of dazzling light, the servant instantly lost his voice.

  The blood spurted out and wet the corner of Li Xuanzhen's sleeve and his robe's hem.

  Several advisors in the room looked at each other, their faces full of surprise.

  With a clang, Li Xuanzhen threw away his blood stained sword and went to find Zhu Luyun.

  The guards broke open the door. Zhu Luyun was hugging her knees and hiding on the inner side of the bed, motionless, with a pale face.

  Li Xuanzhen walked to the bedside, the blood from the hem of his clothes dripping onto the floor.

  "You colluded with the Hu people?" His voice was surprisingly cold, "Yun niang, you are the princess of Great Wei, the direct bloodline of the Zhu clan, and you actually colluded with the Hu people?"

  Zhu Luyun had lied to him; she had indeed made a deal with the Yelu tribe.

  When the Zhu clan pledged their life to defend the Xiao Pass to prevent the powerful Hu tribe's iron horsemen from going south, how many Zhu clan's sons spilled their blood on Liupan Mountains?