Chapter 116: Leaving the Capital

With hands pulling back their bows and preparing to fire ten thousand arrows, the Jin Wu Wei could already see that Li Zhongqian had no weapons on him and were waiting for the right moment to swarm him.

The sound of shouting and yelling became a mess.

The guards were afraid of hurting someone, so they hastily retreated.

Prime Minister Zheng flew to Li De's side and found him strangled to the point that he had fainted with his eyes rolled up. Not knowing whether he was alive or dead, his whole body shook.

The Crown Prince lost his mind, and Grand Duke of Wei openly killed his father. If His Majesty died at this time, Great Wei would be in chaos!

The ministers were on the side, burning with anxiety.

The imperial physician arrived in a hurry, examined Li De's injuries, and slapped him a few times on the chest. Li De coughed a few times from deep in his throat. He woke up, his eyes gradually regaining clarity, and sat up with the help of the Jin Wu Wei.

The ministers were in shock, kneeling and kowtowing on the ground, shouting long live. Some people wept with joy, bawling.

Li De's face was as gloomy as water. How many tempests and tides have come over, but he actually nearly capsized in the water1.

He did not expect Li Zhongqian, wounded like this, would still have the courage to attack him in public.

A storm occurred in the blink of an eye and ended a moment later. The lower-ranking officials outside the hall had not yet reacted and some ministers had just withdrawn from the hall, and before they could inquire, the storm was over.

Several imperial physicians were ordered to re-check Li Zhongqian's pulse. After whispering a few words of discussion, they reported to Li De: Li Zhongqian's martial arts were indeed ruined.

His sickly act just now was not for show.

The Prime Minister and the others were silent.

In the past few years, many people have assassinated Li De, but no one has been able to really hurt him. Li Zhongqian, whose martial arts skills were completely ruined, actually dared to assassinate Li De in such a desperate way!

He knew he was doomed to fail but still risked his life to try. That sudden outburst of strength was not him deliberately restraining his strength previously, but his full potential erupting in a moment; he was fighting for his life!

After all, Princess Wenzhao was his biological sister!

Prime Minister Zheng let out a long sigh and his eyes signaled the Jin Wu Wei to hurry up and take Li Zhongqian away.

The other ministers' reproachful eyes fell on him: Grand Duke Wei dared to commit regicide, and he still wanted to protect Grand Duke Wei?

Prime Minister Zheng looked at everyone and silently spat out the names of two people.

Xie Wuliang, Li Yaoying.

For the sake of the Xie family, for the sake of Princess Wenzhao, leave Li Zhongqian's life.

Everyone was taciturn and moved their eyes away, acquiescing to his small gesture.

Their eyes fell on Crown Prince Li Xuanzhen.

Li Xuanzhen stood aside, with an unconcerned expression from beginning to end, seemingly not caring at all about Li De's life and death.

The crowd sighed silently, each with their own thoughts.