Chapter 69: Escape

That night, the Eldest Prince, with his followers, killed all of his younger brothers' sons and loyal servants with his sword. All their women became his concubines.

Wails and shrieks resounded along the river, and the snow on the ground swallowed the blood, becoming a brilliant red.

On the third day, the camp was still filled with the strong smell of blood.

Yelu Khan was still unconscious, not yet awake. The remaining tribal elders did not step in to stop the Eldest Prince from his extermination, so all the guards patrolling the camp were replaced by the Eldest Prince's own followers.

Yaoying's tent was heavily surrounded by the bravest horsemen of the Yelu tribe from morning to night. Xie Qing was watching over her practically every second of the day.

On the fourth day, a soldier suddenly entered the tent in a hurry, saying anxiously, "Princess, the Yelu tribesmen are trying to kill our horses!"

When Yaoying got married, she brought a hundred good colts from Great Wei, one of which was the divine Wusun horse given to her by Li Zhongqian. When she arrived at the Yelu tribe, her horses and the horses of her soldiers were taken care of by Yelu's shepherds.

Xie Qing soared to his feet: "I will go and see."

Yaoying also stood up: "You go and stop those people. I will go and find the Eldest Prince."

The person who gave the order was the Eldest Prince, and only by stopping the Eldest Prince could her horse be saved.

Xie Qing thought about it, but felt uneasy. He had the other soldiers go to the stables while he personally followed Yaoying, accompanying her to find the Eldest Prince.

The Eldest Prince was drinking in his tent. When the female slave went in to inform him, he put down his bowl of wine and rose to greet her with a big smile.

When Yaoying entered the tent, she immediately denounced with a cold face: "Has the Yelu tribe forgotten your alliance with the Great Wei? If Eldest Prince does not want to keep the promise, then send me back to the Central Plains! I am the majestic Great Wei's princess, the Khanum whom the Yelu tribe has married. Eldest Prince is humiliating me in this way, because you are not afraid that the Great Wei will attack?"

The Eldest Prince looked surprised. He narrowed his eyes and laughed: "Princess misunderstands. My Yelu tribe admires the Central Plains empire, how can we fail to keep our word?"

Saying that, he paused for a moment. Carefully sizing up Yaoying from top to bottom, his line of sight wandering up and down her body was like a knife.

"Rest assured, Princess. According to our customs, even if my Father Khan unfortunately dies, I will keep the promise of friendship with Great Wei. As the new Khan, Princess will still be the most honored Khanum of the Yelu tribe."

He said meaningfully, "I will love Princess well on behalf of my Father Khan."

Yaoying lowered her eyelashes. Her body trembled, as if she did not dare to face the Eldest Prince's undisguised eyes, and her pale hands clenched her sleeves.

The Eldest Prince took in her attempt to hide her fearful attitude. It felt like a few hundred cat claws scratching at his heart, and he could not help but lean closer and take a deep sniff.

Chinese women were really different from those women in the tribe who were covered in the stench of horses. Delicate and weak, snow white and tender, a seductive fragrance lingered on their bodies.

It was more delicious than the sweetest cheese.

Infatuation was the sole emotion on the Eldest Prince face. He took another step forward and reached out to embrace Yaoying.