Chapter 171 - Accidental Meeting

Just now, when she suddenly saw Haidu Aling, she was caught off guard and a little flustered. But now that she had calmed down, it was much better.

Sultan Gu shifted his gaze and sat back down.

The dancers in the hall danced to the melodious music, and the burnt candles on the gilt lantern tree were replaced with new ones. The candles were bright and everything was calm, creating a peaceful atmosphere.

Yao Ying had no interest in enjoying the singing and dancing. She picked up a plate of fruits, moved it closer, and ate while keeping an eye on the direction of the tent.

The crescent moon hung high in the dark sky and the tune came to an end. Sparse cheers sounded from all sides of the hall, the sound of the Qiang flute stopped, and several beauties wearing brocade hats walked to the center of the round carpet. The courtyard fell silent for a moment, and as the musician with the pipa made a swift stroke, an urgent melody suddenly sounded. The Hu women twisted their slender waists, whirling around, their skirts spread out like a blooming flowers.

The atmosphere instantly became lively, with the guests joining in the dance, hand in hand, dancing and singing.

Yao Ying watched the corridor, and suddenly a dark figure loomed in front of her. A hand reached out to her.

She raised her head.

A young man wearing a beast-face mask, a small-sleeved robe, and a leather belt stood in front of her. He looked at her with light brown eyes and said with a smile: "Are you Yang Qian's sister? Shiro and I are the closest. I recognize Sanniang and Wu Niang. Has Fourth Brother neglected you again? Little Yang, come and play with us."

Yao Ying shook her head and reached out to tug on Sultan Gu's sleeve beside her, indicating that she already had company.

The young man's gaze fell on Sultan Gu's face, took a look at his mask, and then stared at the mask on Yaoying's face carefully for a while. He let out an annoyed sound, clearly embarrassed, he made an apologetic gesture to Sultan Gu. "I've been rude."

Having said that, he turned and walked away.

Yao Ying felt his gaze was a bit strange and touched the masked on her face. Although the eerie-faced mask was scary, it was not uncommon. Why did that man keep staring at her mask?

Before she could think much more, a figure flashed through the corridor, and Haidu Aling came out.

Yao Ying quickly lowered her head, picked up a dried fruit, and sent it over to Sultan Gu, gently poking his arm with her finger.

Sultan Gu lowered his eyes, took the dried fruit she handed over, and then raised his gaze, following the direction of Haidu ALing.

After a moment, Yao Ying heard his voice above her head, "Haidu Aling has left."

She breathed a sigh of relief.

...
It was still dark inside the felt tent.

Haidu Aling sneaked into the palace to meet Yuchi Bodhidharma with Yang Qian guarding outside. When Haidu left, he immediately opened the curtain and went in. "Dharma, what does Haidu Aling want to do?"

Yuchi Bodhidharma sat on the couch with a serious expression on his face: "He told me that Yina killed my son and daughter, and the pair of siblings sent to Northern Rong were the children of herdsmen."

Yang Qian frowned: "He came to Gaochang just to tell you this?"

Yuchi Bodhidharma glanced at him and asked, "Princess Wenzhao left?"

Yang Qian shook his head.

Yuchi Bodhidharma narrowed his eyes slightly: "As expected, the princess has not left... Please bring the Princess here. I have a few words to say to her."