Chapter 170 - Accidental Meeting

When Sultan Gu's gaze swept over Yang Qian, the latter's heart skipped a beat, and a shiver ran down his spine.

He wasn't wearing a mask, looking puzzled, and asked Yao Ying, "Princess, who is this person?"

Yao Ying thought for a moment and said seriously, "He's my friend."

The alliance between Yuchi Bodhidharma and the royal court was a secret, unknown even to Yang Qian. She instinctively felt she couldn't reveal too much.

Listening to her solemn tone, it was clear that she trusted Sultan Gu a lot. Yang Qian didn't ask further, carefully sizing up Sultan Gu. The man wore a mask, his face obscured, lean and straight, the tight leather straps outlining a lean physique and muscular lines, with an imposing presence and a vigorous aura enveloping him. At first sight, it was evident that he was an extremely skilled expert.

Yang Qian's blood boiled; if it weren't for the inappropriate occasion, he would have liked to find a reason to spar with the man.

Yao Ying sensed his eagerness and couldn't help but smile.

His wish was destined to go unfulfilled; Sultan Gu only drew his sword when it came to killing or saving, never engaging in combat otherwise.

The three of them met, left the corridor, and walked through the hall filled with the sound of silk and bamboo. The night was deep, and the tears of the candles under the lamp trees formed waterfalls, while the geishas continued to dance gracefully with their long skirts fluttering.

Suddenly, several drunk guests wearing brocade robes blocked their way, their drunken hands slapping Yang Qian's shoulders.

"Fourth Young Master, we've finally caught you. You claim to be able to drink a thousand cups without getting drunk, right? Come and have a contest with Eighth Young Master!"

Having drunk a lot, these men exuded alcohol fumes and were exceptionally strong. Yang Qian couldn't push them away and was dragged to a long table and held down. Everyone around crowded in, eager to pour him drinks and tried to get him drunk.

Yao Ying stood on the side, contemplating whether to rescue Yang Qian, and her gaze swept over a figure that was gradually approaching along the corridor, causing her heart to tremble violently.

The person also wore a mask, dressed in a small-sleeved brocade robe with floral patterns, curly hair draping over the shoulders, strong arms, tall and robust.

He walked into the hall under the guidance of the servants, his hawk-like eyes scanning the surroundings, their light yellow color gleaming with a faint golden hue in the candlelight.

Yao Ying quickly looked away and turned around.

She wouldn't make a mistake; that person was indeed Haidu ALing. Sultan Gu had said that the goshawk spotted his white falcon near Gaochang, and sure enough he had indeed appeared.

Sultan Gu was standing next to her. She was afraid of being recognized, so she subconsciously opened her arms and hugged his arm tightly.

She suddenly approached, startling Sultan Gu, causing a slight furrow beneath his mask.

Yao Ying whispered, "General Su, Haidu Aling is here, right at the door."

Sultan Gu remained calm, glanced at the door, and recognized Haidu Aling's figure. No wonder she pounced on him suddenly.

He lowered his eyes and his gaze fell on the top of Yao Ying's dark shiny hair. Her body trembled slightly and her head was buried low. Her braided hair adorned with silk ribbons and gemstones fell down and brushed against his arm. Her fingers were clenched tightly. Holding his sleeves, her knuckles were stiff.