Chapter 52: The Admiration of a Young Man

When Yaoying entered the palace, it was already late in the evening.

The sky was filled with cold stars, and the vast sky to the west was filled with evening sunlight, casting down a blazing and hazy sunset. The imposing pavilions and towers overlooking the pond were bathed in a brilliant golden glow, casting a magnificent and enormous shadow, with rows of corridors and pavilions surrounding the arch.

The breeze brought a gust of chilliness.

Standing under the long steps, one could vaguely see the lively feast happening in the palace hall and pavilion. The hall was full of flickering shadows, cheers, and laughter. Behind the half-rolled-up beaded curtain of the towering several-story Liangtai were people dressed like a picture.

Below the platform, a group of musicians carrying pipas, wicker horns, konghous, huqins, skin drums, tooth plates, and golden bells sat on the carpet on the west side of the platform, performing.

On the platform, dancers dressed in colorful clothes spun gracefully to the sound of music.

Yaoying got off the carriage. Standing in front of the steps, looking up at the pavilion above the high platform, her dress billowed, her face shining brightly.

The young man who had been waiting for a long time on the moon platform looked at her in a daze. It was after half a day that he came back to his senses and took a few steps down to stand in front of her, gasping for breath, pale, and looking restless.

Yaoying smiled and said, "Sanlang."

Zheng Jing looked at her in silence. He suddenly reached out and clutched her wrist: "Princess.... come with me."

Yaoying was stunned.

Zheng Jing blushed to the root of his neck, stammering: "There is something I have not mentioned to the princess.... The reason why the Zheng family brought up marriage to Qin wang was not because my father was looking at your status, but because.... because I adore the princess. "

After the words came out of his mouth, he blushed even more. His head hung lower, his body was burning hot, and steam was practically emitting from the top of his head.

"Before the Zheng family offered.... offered marriage, I.... I have seen.... seen the princess."

Seventh Princess may have long forgotten, but it was engraved in Zheng Jing's heart.

The first time he saw the Seventh Princess was the spring of blooming peach and plum blossoms. The sons and young ladies of Wei County made an appointment to go out of the city to appreciate the spring scenery. Zheng Jing and his eldest shu brother had fought. He fell off the horse, becoming covered in mud.

His brothers and sisters sat on their horses, towering above, and ridiculed him for his uselessness.

Zheng Jing was covered in mud and his legs were tangled in the reins, so he couldn't get up. His eldest brother was watching from a distance, waiting for him to ask for help. He was humiliated and was unwilling to open his mouth.

A few of the wealthy youths urged their horses around him and deliberately lifted their robes and untied their belts in an attempt to humiliate him.

Suddenly, a whip sounded in the air. The Seventh Princess, wearing a rose short coat and pomegranate skirt, drove her horse down the hill, her whip beating back the youths surrounding him.

The teenage boys were furious, just about to tease the Seventh Princess. However, seeing Li Zhongqian, who had stopped his horse by the apricot grove and was looking carelessly this way, they shivered in fear and immediately dispersed.