Chapter 68: Poison

The Yang Changsheng that Yaoying knew was quiet but righteous. At that time, the heavy rain poured unceasingly for a month at Chibi, causing flooding and devastation. Despite his serious injuries, he went into the water to save others and was almost swept away by the flood.

Therefore, when they returned together to Wei County by boat and saw Li Zhongqian and the Tang family waiting on the shore, then realized each other's identity, Yaoying did not immediately avoid Li Xuanzhen.

She only felt that since a person could save a stranger regardless of his own safety, he should also be able to sort out his hatred.

Li Xuanzhen's reaction was much more passionate than Yaoying's. He stood at the bow of the boat, glanced at Li Zhongqian on the shore, then at her. The smile on his face gradually became cold and stiff, his eyes shrouded with gloom. He suddenly grabbed her, strangling her neck.

Yaoying almost died in his hands.

To this day, she still remembered the feeling of Li Xuanzhen's rough and cold fingers strangling her.

Xie Qing commented with an expressionless face, "The Crown Prince is too stubborn."

Yaoying rubbed her wrist and smiled, "Alright, let's not talk about these things."

She put her mind back on her situation, "Ah Qing, what exactly did the Eldest Prince do that night?"

Xie Qing returned to his senses and said, "I have inquired. The Eldest Prince looted several large carts of goods that night."

Yaoying frowned.

After they rendezvoused that day, the Eldest Prince said he had robbed a few herders. She paid close attention and found that the Eldest Prince and his entourage had all changed into new saddles and harnesses, but how could ordinary herdsmen afford to use such expensive saddles?

"I suspect the Eldest Prince robbed and killed that Royal Court caravan."

Xie Qing's eyes showed surprise: "People from the Yelu tribe said that no one dares to plunder caravans carrying the banner of Buddha's son."

The corner of Yaoying's mouth tugged: "Others do not dare, that is because they know the situation and have a sense of proportion. The Eldest Prince is not that kind of person."

She had been puzzled before. Why would the rich and powerful Yelu tribe collapse silently?

The reason was probably here. The Eldest Prince was greedy and brutal, angering too many tribes, and now, he had probably plundered Tumoroga's subjects. Even if the Royal Court did not retaliate, the surrounding tribes would use this as an excuse to come and attack.

Yaoying pondered for half a day and instructed Xie Qing: "Find a chance to see what those big carts of goods are."

Xie Qing answered.

The next morning, when the sun had not yet risen, there were sounds of people outside the tent.

Tali helped Yaoying freshen up, telling her the tribesmen were currently preparing for the wedding in the evening. At night, a bonfire would be lit in front of the tent, and all the men and women of the tribe would come to congratulate them.

Yaoying changed into her wedding clothes, and Tali pulled up her long hair and braided it for her.

She looked at her slightly pale face in the bronze mirror. Ignoring the dread and uneasiness in her heart, she cheered herself up over and over again.

Xie Qing entered the tent. His eyes signaled Tali and Ayi to go out, and he walked behind Yaoying: "Princess, I found this."

Yaoying turned around and saw him pull from his chest a banner stained red with blood.