Chapter 90: Buddha's Arrangement

Yaoying nodded her head.

    Mondatipa's brow has some beads of sweat: "When this poor monk departed from Chang'an, the princess had given the poor monk several bottles of pills, one of which was named Anxi1 Pill. The princess' attendant said this medicine had the effect of reducing swelling and relieving pain... Does the princess know the prescription of this Anxi Pill?"

    Yaoying was startled, her mind spinning a few times. Pondering for a moment, her gaze glanced over the gloomy corridor, looking towards the closed palace doors of the main hall. She asked in a soft voice: "Buddha's son is sick?"

Mondatipa's face stiffened for a moment before sighing. "Since the princess guessed it, this poor monk will tell the truth. When this poor monk first came to the Royal Court, Buddha's son was seriously ill. This poor monk tried many remedies, and later unintentionally let Buddha's son take a few Anxi Pills."

    At that time, the Northern Rong cavalry was approaching aggressively, uniting with other tribes to attack the Holy City. Tumoroga was running out of time. Knowing that if the news of his serious illness spread, the Royal Court would be defeated. Preparing for the worst, he made a last-ditch attempt and took all kinds of medicine.

    As a result, he miraculously recovered after taking the Anxi Pill.

    The pills were obtained from Yaoying, and Mondatipa did not know what the prescription was. Seeing that the bottle of pills was almost emptied, he could only send people to the Central Plains to ask for medicine while thinking of other ways to stabilize Tumoroga's condition. However, the war situation was so tense that it was impossible for Tumoroga to hide in the Holy City to recover from his illness.

    He endured the pain and led his troops into battle, holding on until he entered an alliance with the Northern Rong, holding on until he scared off Haidu Aling. Returning to the Holy City, he finally could no longer hold on.

    When Mondatipa finished, he sighed and said, "Buddha's son fell ill just now, and the Anxi Pills that this poor monk brought from the Central Plains are all gone..."

    The doubts in Yaoying's mind were instantly cleared up.

    It did not occur to her that an unintentional move she made a year ago would actually affect the battle situation 8,000 miles away.

    Tumoroga saved her, not because he was touched by her, but because he heard her identify herself as a princess of Great Wei. He took the Anxi Pill to get better, and Mondatipa must have mentioned her to him.

    The destiny that Mondatipa was talking about turned out to be about this.

    Yaoying realized a lot of things.

    No wonder Tumoroga urgently hurried back to the Holy City and insisted on waiting until dark to enter the city; he was sick, very sick, and afraid that others would notice.

    So, that was why she didn't see any big city-state or tribes along the way. Tumoroga's route back to the Holy City deliberately avoided crowded cities and towns.

    His original intention was probably to take her back to the Holy City, and then slowly inquire about the prescription for the Anxi Pill.

    Now that he had a sudden attack and his life was at stake, Mondatipa had to invite her over late at night and risk telling her that he was seriously ill.

    Tumoroga's worries were not groundless. He was a god in the hearts of the people of the Western Regions. If he lived one more day, the Royal Court would be prosperous and stable. But once he died, the Royal Court would immediately fall apart, submitting to the Northern Rong in just a single month. This thousand-mile-long Buddhist kingdom had completely died out in history.