Chapter 44: Settle Accounts

Yaoying calmly said: "Can Zhu Luyun wait? Can His Majesty wait? And how long can Chief Yelu wait?"

The wedding date was getting closer and closer. She had sent people to inquire, and Zhu Luyun's face was washed in tears all day long. How could Li Xuanzhen allow Zhu Luyun to continue being afraid all the time?

"Moreover, even if Wei Ming could think up a way to force me to agree, how could he guarantee that I would do it willingly?"

Yaoying said meaningfully, "If I had an accident, if I happeend to ruin my face, or if I unfortunately died.... As long as there is a small mistake, all of Wei Ming's schemes and tricks are useless. You have no way to force me. In the entire Great Wei, only I can replace Princess Fukang."

Li Xuanzhen's face was gloomy.

Yaoying was worried about Li Zhongqian's safety and did not want to drag things on with Li Xuanzhen, so she stood up and brushed the sleeves of her dress: "Your Highness the Crown Prince, please send the flying cavalry immediately. So long as my elder brother returns to the capital safely, I will keep my promise and marry. I am a person of my word and will not go back on it.

"I will only wait for half an incense stick. After half an incense stick, if the flying cavalry doesn't move, no matter how Wei Ming pressures me, I won't marry even if I die."

Li Xuanzhen's thick eyebrows furrowed.

Yaoying did not say anything else to urge him. Standing aside, she waited for him to make a decision.

A short while later, she suddenly clutched her stomach tightly. She looked in pain, staggering two steps as blood spilled from her lips.

Li Xuanzhen was startled and tugged Yaoying's arm, forcing her to lift her head: "What's wrong with you?"

Yaoying's face was pale and her body was trembling. Sweat soaked through layers of clothes, and there were even beads of sweat at her temples. Under the soft light coming from the lantern, her whole body looked like it was pulled out of water.

Li Xuanzhen half-embraced her, feeling that her soft body was rapidly becoming cold and without a trace of heat.

"Are you sick?"

A thin sheen of sweat appeared on the tip of his nose. He was slightly at a loss and gently patted Yaoying's face.

Yaoying's limbs were weak and soft. Leaning against him, she raised her hand to wipe away the blood on her lips and slowly raised her face.

Li Xuanzhen looked down at her.

Yaoying's lips were reddened, and there wasn't a trace of color on her face, but a smile gradually surfaced on her lips. While trembling lightly from pain, she said, "You agreed."

Li Xuanzhen froze.

Yaoying was trembling, but on her gaunt and thin face full of sweat, with her teeth involuntarily chattering, was the most brilliant look that had appeared in the past few days.

"Li Xuanzhen, you've agreed to the deal."

She could feel that she had once again changed Li Zhongqian's destiny of dying in battle, so she was punished once again.

Elder brother was saved.

....

When Zheng Biyu saw Li Yaoying again, she was lying in Li Xuanzhen's arms, breathless, her face slightly ashen.

"How did it become like this in the blink of an eye?"

Zheng Biyu looked at her husband with a stern look akin to a knife blade, "Did you hurt qiniang?"