Chapter 56: The Real Deal

No one would dare to rely on using the past, using the Li family's past as Zhu clan's former minister to suppress the imperial power.

Li De looked at the group of ministers prostrated at his feet, smiling faintly, silent.

The group of ministers did not dare to move a finger.

The candle flame swayed, reflecting a faint gloss of Li De's snow-white hair. He looked at Yaoying: "Qiniang, you have displayed your utter loyalty to the country. Father is very pleased. Do you have any wishes? As long as father can satisfy it, I will definitely advocate for you."

Yaoying solemnly bowed her head, her voice clear: "Your Majesty, this child has nothing to ask."

Li De stilled.

This was different from what they had agreed to do.

A few days ago, they made a deal where Yaoying would ask him to punish Concubine Rong and treat Noble Concubine Xie well, and he agreed.

Now, why did she say she had nothing to ask?

Li De's eyes flickered for a moment.

Yaoying straightened up with a serene expression.

"Your Majesty!" Commander-in-Chief Pei, who had the most straightforward disposition, wiped the corners of his eyes and said loudly, "The Seventh Princess has served the country and the people, worthy of being my Great Wei's Princess! Your Majesty cannot wrong her! The imperial court cannot wrong her either! Since the Seventh Princess has nothing to ask for, Your Majesty may as well reward Noble Consort Xie!"

The other ministers immediately responded.

"Noble Consort Xie is the Xie clan's di daughter. From a just and noble family background, warm and outstanding and beautiful, she spared no effort to accompany Your Majesty through all sorts of times, sharing joys and hardships with Your Majesty.

"Her beloved daughter is marrying far away, what kind of pain must Noble Consort be in?"

The ministers tacitly stopped bringing up the awkward and sensitive topic of Princess Fukang and the Zhu clan. Enthusiastically praising Noble Consort Xie, they simultaneously hinted to the emperor: they followed the Li family wherever, having no sliver of attachment to the former dynasty!

Prime Minister Zheng Yu had been silent up until now, not opening his mouth. Waiting for everyone to praise two rounds, he stepped forward from the side.

"Your Majesty, the Xie family rallied their clan to assist Your Majesty to recapture Wei County back then. Now, the Xie family is full of heroism; Qin wang opened up new territory for Your Majesty and was seriously injured. The Seventh Princess volunteered to be a substitute for Your Majesty's great cause. She is about to marry far away..."

He paused for a moment.

"This subject believes that the country cannot be without a monarch for a day, nor can it be without a mother."

Before the words finished, the ministers' jaws dropped.

Li De did not make a sound. His gaze swept from Zheng Yu's face and finally landed on Yaoying.

So it was like this.

She was not asking for nothing, but rather retreating to advance.

Li De said, "Noble Consort Xie is very sick..."

Zheng Yu cupped his hand in obeisance and said, "Your Majesty, if the princess is willing to marry down, the Yelu tribe will send troops on their own accord to help our Wei army recover Liangzhou. If the Seventh Princess marries down as a di princess, won't Tribal Chief Yelu be all the more grateful to Your Majesty? Noble Consort Xie is very ill, so the palace affairs can be managed by the other noble consorts."