Chapter 115: Leaving the Capital

At the moment of action, the nearest guard reacted and raised his sword to attack with great force.

Li Zhongqian did not panic, pushing Li De to forge ahead. His body received several stabs, and his skin immediately split open as blood gushed out.

He seemed to feel no pain at all. Facing the shower of swords and knives, covered in blood, both his hands continued to choke Li De's throat.

The nearby guard did not dare to kill. In a panic, the sword in his hand narrowly missed piercing Li De's arm. After a moment of fear, and seeing Li Zhongqian's look, his heart was horrified and his attack lost all its strength. All the others guard stopped their attacks.

The inner and outer halls were silent.

The crowd stood frozen on the spot, chills creeping all over their bodies.

No one expected that when Li Zhongqian came by himself to Linde Hall, his sole purpose was to assassinate!

Although he was passed to the Xie family, he was still Li De's own son! Did he want to kill his father?

The Jin Wu Wei with outstanding martial arts were in the inner hall, and there was layer upon layer of guards in the outer hall. He was alone, with no way to escape. How did he dare commit the greatest sins in the world: patricide and regicide?!

Everyone was completely shocked.

Layers of Jin Wu Wei were stacked in the inner and outer halls. Li Zhongqian's fingers closed in, and Li De appeared to be in extreme pain.

Li Zhongqian looked at the approaching Jin Wu Wei, his eyes so red that they looked like they could drip blood: "What, do you want to see His Majesty's blood splattered on the spot?"

The crowd had never seen Li Zhongqian look so crazed. Their scalps tingled, and no one dared to move a single inch.

"Zhongqian!"

"Grand Duke Wei!"

"Qin Wang!"

"Erlang!"

The ministers who were about to exit the inner hall were terrified and frightened. Darting into the hall, they shouted hysterically, "Don't be impulsive! Let His Majesty go! That's your own father!"

Li Zhongqian sneered, "My own father? He's not worthy!"

The crowd was anxious and looked at Crown Prince Li Xuanzhen.

Li Xuanzhen stood to the side with neither anger nor panic on his face, only indifference.

The people were so hard-pressed that they turned their heads to glower at Li Zhongqian. Some of them straightforwardly cursed him out, and some of them painstakingly tried to persuade him.

Li Zhongqian seemed as if he hadn't heard.

"Grand Duke Wei!" A youthful voice yelled out. Zheng Jing ran hastily into the inner hall, "Grand Duke Wei, think about Empress Xie! Her Majesty the Empress has only you, her son, to lean on! Do you want to make Princess Wenzhao uneasy in the Nine Springs?"

Li Zhongqian laughed coldly: "There are no eggs left intact when the nest is overturned. Instead of living muddleheadedly, it is better to die with understanding."

The blood drained out of Zheng Jing's face.

The sound of numerous footsteps sounded, and soldiers wielding blades poured into the inner hall from all sides. Filling every nook and cranny, they aimed countless arrows pointing straight at Li Zhongqian.