Chapter 164 - Recruitment

The night was deep, and the flickering lights shining through the roof tiles and courtyard walls. A warm yellow glow spread over the pure white snow, and the sound of wind echoed through the boundless snowy night.

As Yang Qian collected his thoughts and asked, "How can the princess tell which individual are treacherous people?""

Yao Ying did not respond immediately. Instead, she turned and boarded the carriage, gesturing for him to join her.

Yang Qian hadn't reacted yet, but Yuanjue's expression had already changed.

As Yao Ying raised the curtain and looked at Yang Qian, the corners of her mouth curved up, and she asked with a smile, "Young Master Yang, are you afraid I'm trying to deceive you?"

Yang Qian glanced in front of and behind him and found that he had been surrounded for a long time. He hummed softly, puffed up his chest, and strode towards the carriage.

After all, Princess Wenzhao was but a weak woman, and he, a distinguished son of the Yang family, would lack courage if he hesitated to approach her.

The wheels rolled over through the accumulated snow, continuing to shuttle through the deep and secluded alleys.

In the dark night, footsteps continuously caught up with the carriage as several guards draped in white cloaks rushed from different directions, delivering sealed letters and parchments.

Yuan Jue accepted them and placed them inside the carriage.

A lamp hung inside the carriage. Yaoying opened the parchment, looked at it carefully under the light before passing them to Yang Qian

Yang Qian shifted uneasily, moving his arms and legs. The carriage was not cramped, and it was more than enough room for four people. However, he was sturdy and tall, and he was concerned about the differences between men and women. He did not dare to get too close to Yao Ying. He could not sit upright at all, so he could only curl up his shoulders and legs and press against the carriage door.

His awkward posture naturally diminished his bearing. Facing the parchment handed over by Yao Ying, he emitted a soft snort before accepting them and examining the contents.

Only halfway through reading, Yang Qian's face was already turning blue, and after reading all the parchment scrolls, his face turned even more purple, his teeth clenched, he grip his hands into fists, and said angrily: "These people who are greedy for life and afraid of death! "

The more he thought about it, the angrier he became, and he wished he could tear up the parchment.

The letters Yaoying handed him were all informant letters, and the content without exception was to report to the government that Princess Wenzhao was currently in Gaochang.

"These cowardly and selfish individuals, the princess trust them in vain, she took the risk to come to Gaochang to have a secret meeting with them in person, and they actually reported the princess!"

 Yang Qian gritted his teeth.

~~~~~~~~
Before this, a rumor had spread in the court claiming that Princess Wenzhao from the Central Plains had fallen in love at first sight with the Buddha's son and vowed to marry no one but him. The Buddha's son was an eminent monk, pure and unperturbed by worldly matters, and naturally, he would not marry her. She did not change her infatuation and made a vow to imitate the devotion of mordenga maiden and dedicate herself to practice in the hope of gaining the disciple's favor.

At first, no one paid much attention to the rumor.

The Buddha's son not only possessed profound knowledge of Buddhist teachings, kindness, and protects the people in the country, but also showed compassion to all other countries regardless of their status.