Chapter 68: Your Smile (Kooky Ending)

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've last updated, and I dearly apologize for having dropped off and not saying much of anything. Life has been hectic these past few years - between work and home, I have had many things going on that have kept me tied up for a good amount of time. I had, for a while, lost the motivation and passion I once had for this story - it was an escape for me, and after finding better times I found myself feeling ashamed and embarrassed at times whenever I would come back to try and write again on this fic.

These next few chapters are the finale - with multiple endings for you all to choose, on what you believe you'd want to have as your happy ending. When all is said and done, one day, I'd like to try and revamp this work. There are many plot points I want to change, while still remaining true to the original vision. I've improved greatly ever since I started this, and I'd like to make this truly shine more than it already does.

Thank you to all of you, that have read through this story - whether this be your first read through or your fifth. I truly appreciate your kindness, your patience, your understanding, and your willingness to read this and for being here all this time. If I owe you any sort of messages, or a piece I once promised, please contact me through my Carrd [https://vionehobbes.carrd.co/] and I will do my best to set things right. I apologize for leaving you all hanging for all this time. When this story is complete, and if you all wish to continue to read my works when I do upload, I am more active on AO3 [https://archiveofourown.org/users/TimeSlime] - although you do not have to do such if you don't. Thank you again, and I hope you all enjoy these next few chapters.

Eternally grateful,

TimeSlime

----------

"...I know who I'll write this to. As much as I don't want to, I...I know that he'll get us out quickly. I just hope that he won't hurt anyone." Opening the book, I think over what I want to say for a few minutes as Sandy looks at me quietly. Finally gathering my thoughts, I begin to write. I describe what has happened, and that I wished for him to rescue me - but that I did not want him to hurt too many people as he saved me. Reading the letter over once more, I sign it before quickly hiding the book and pen, hearing footsteps approaching the cell. A guard soon appears on the other side of the bars, holding a tray with two plates of food. Opening a small hatch near the door, he slides the tray in before standing back up.

"Slide the tray out once you are done eating." I nod quietly as I pick the tray up off of the floor. As he walked off, I handed Sandy one of the plates before beginning to eat quietly, trying to formulate a plan to get the letter out of the castle and ensuring that it will be delivered to the Dark Kingdom. Finishing the sub-par meal I had been given, I suddenly got an idea and turned to the Shy Guy, watching as he ate his food. I knew he wouldn't want to leave, but I knew he'd be safe as long as this worked. I just needed to ensure my own safety until my inevitable departure. I clear my throat, which catches his attention and causes him to look at me, a few crumbs on his mask. Softly giggling, I wipe the crumbs off before taking a deep breath, trying to word my question in a way that wouldn't upset him.

"...Sandy, I...I know you don't want to leave me here. And I don't want to stay here forever. But..."

"...but what, (F/n)?..."

"...I need your help so that I can be free. I have a very special and important mission for you. Will you accept it?"

"... (F/n), please don't tell me what I think you're gonna say..."