Chapter 14: Meetings and Greetings♪♪♪♪♪ ♥♪♪♪♪♪

(We get to formally meet two new people. Sorry if they're OOC.)

(Also, thanks for over 100 reads on this garbage! I appreciate it!)

♪♪ ♥♪♪ [MAIN POV] ♪♪ ♥♪♪

Finally reaching a large set of green, spiked, shut double doors, Ludwig paused before turning to me.

"Follow my lead." I nodded and he went to knock on the doors before turning back to me. "Oh, and uh... Do the thing you did when around Chef, alright? I'll make it up to you later."

"Alright." With that, he turned back to the door and knocked on the surface. After a few moments, a loud, gruff voiced called out from within the room.

"Come in!" Pushing the door open, Ludwig grabbed my wrist in his hand and walked in, dragging me with him. The room was spacious, the walls of stone and large, golden pillars supporting the high roof. Large torches were placed on the pillars, casting a bright glow around them. A crimson carpet ran through the center of the room from the door, leading to a large golden throne adorned with spikes. Sitting upon the throne was a large, slightly tanned male, possibly in his thirties. He had fiery red hair, which was pulled back into a large ponytail that stuck up all over, and the areas where his hair was pulled back was a bright emerald. His eyebrows, which were bushy and were the same colour as his hair, sat above a pair of ruby orbs, which were staring at us. He was dressed in a forest green dress jacket, obsidian coloured pants, shoes, and a tie, a cream dress shirt, large metal cuffs around his biceps, neck, and wrists, and the symbol of the Koopa Kingdom printed on the coat in pine green.

It was the King of Koopas himself.

Gulping nervously, you looked down in fear as Ludwig dragged you along. Stopping in front of the throne, Ludwig bowed before releasing your arm and nudging you in the side. Getting the hint, you curtsied, keeping your eyes glued to the red rug.

"Your Majesty, we come here with a small... request and gift for you." Hearing him stand up and approach the two of you, you remained in your position, feeling your heart thudding in your chest.

"Tell me about this request, Ludwig."

"Well, you see, sir, my prisoner here told me about this recipe that makes cakes that they give to the armies that, according to her, makes the troops want to fight more. I was thinking that we could possibly use it to our advantage, and made a sample cake for you, which got Chef's approval."

"Really now?" He hummed before speaking once more. "What kind is it?"

"It's a-"

"Not you, Ludwig! I was asking her!" Looking up in surprise, I saw Bowser leering down at me, a small sneer on his face. "Well? Tell me about it."

"W-well, you see, sir, it's a (favourite cake flavour) cake with (second favourite flavour) icing. It's a r-recipe that's been passed down through my family and has always been made when our citizens are in l-low spirits..."

"And why would you tell us that recipe?" I bit my lip, trying to come up with something to say, before speaking, not wanting to anger the king.

"I... A part of me wishes to stay here, your Majesty..." And it was true. Some small piece of me wanted to actually stay in the castle, among people that actually seemed to care about me, and accepted me. Yet, the rest of my mind was telling me that I needed to leave, to escape, so I could return to my kingdom and go back to my normal duties.

"You want to stay here?....Never heard of that before." I swallowed anxiously, worry flowing through my veins. "Well, that makes my job easier. Anyways, Ludwig. Hand me the cake." Nodding, Ludwig placed the plate in his outstretched hands. "...Interesting colour choice." I could hear my heart beating in my chest as Bowser cut a fairly large slice out of it, and, after placing the rest on the arm of his throne, lifted the portion up to his mouth and ate it. Once he was finished, he let out a large belch and wiped his mouth off on the back of his hand. "That was quite satisfying. I'll allow this request."