Chapter 32: Lil' Larry

(Sorry it took so long to update, you guys! ^^; Hope you guys enjoy this next part! We get to explore Larry's hidden talent and his fortress this time.)

[Main POV]

I jerk awake before looking around, confused and still a bit sleepy. Seeing the small, hand-crafted gifts I had made, I remember how I had fallen asleep before checking all of them.

"(F/n)! We're here!" Glancing towards the door, I hum as I recognize Larry's voice before cleaning everything up. Grabbing the (necklaces/bracelets/charms), I slide them into my pocket and watch as Larry throws the door open. "You ready to see my kingdom?!" I nod and smile warmly at how excited he seemed.

"Yeah. I bet it's pretty cool." Nodding, he rushes over and grabs my hand before dragging me out. Stumbling after him, we go out onto deck and step over to the railing. Beautiful, green grass sway in a faint breeze, and the sky is a cheery blue. The sound of a river comes from nearby, and I look to see a crystal clear creek flowing smoothly. A dirt path runs up towards the tall stone building we were by. Grinning, Larry looks up at me.

"Whaddya think?"

"It's so...pretty. And peaceful. I like it a lot." Nodding, he raises a finger up to signal for me to wait before rushing off. I continue to study the landscape and notice many mushrooms of all heights and colors dotting the landscape. Turning as I hear footsteps, I see Larry returning with Peach.

"Alright! Let's go into my fortress, okay?" I nod, smiling, before giving him my hand. Walking through a door in the side of the building near the top, I look around and see that we're in some sort of large, empty room.

"What's this room for?..."

"Ah, it's where my battles happen at!" He beams before looking down, the smile fading. "Maybe this time, I'll beat Mario..." Sighing, he looks up at the ceiling before smiling at us. "Come on, I'll show you to your rooms!" Nodding, we follow him as he pulls us along. Watching as we approach a door, I notice Peach slowly go to the room before I'm tugged along. Pausing in front of a door, he opens the door and sheepishly grins. "Sorry if you don't like it."

"It's fine." Smiling, I pat his head before stepping in and looking around. The decorations in the room were sparse, and there was only a bed and a table with a chair. Softly smiling, I sit on the bed and stretch, yawning, before looking at him. "Don't worry, okay? It's better than nothing." He nods, smiling.

"Okay. I'm gonna go prepare everything, and if I have time, then I'll play some games." I nod, looking around the room.

"Alright. Stay safe, and let me know if you want me to play with you too." He nods and shuts the door, leaving me alone. Slowly letting out a sigh, I stand up and run a hand along the wall. Feeling a stone that was smoother than the others, I raise a brow before pressing it. Watching as the bed lifts up, I grin as I realize it's a secret passage.

Going through it, I make sure to close it before looking around, and notice that it's a bit dark. Feeling my way downwards, I sigh before reaching level ground. Walking down a corridor, I squeak slightly as I run into a wooden wall. Realizing it was a door, I push it open and gasp at what I find inside.

Thousands-no, millions of shiny, golden coins are towered up to the ceiling. They gleam in the light of the torches, reflecting the glow of the fire. Looking around in awe, I step into the room and look all around it, shocked to see so many coins inside.

"How did they all get here?...I didn't know Larry was so rich!" Suddenly slipping on a coin, I struggle to get my balance before falling back into one of the towers. It wobbles precariously before crashing down on me, rendering me unconscious.

[Time Skip]

Slowly waking up, I look around to see that I'm back in my room. Confusion clouds my mind before I notice Larry sitting by my bed. Noticing that I was awake, he gasps and hugs me.

"I'm SOOOO glad you're okay, (F/n)!" I gently pat his head and faintly smile at him.

"Thank you...what exactly happened after I was knocked unconscious?"

"I found you and brought you back out here before healing you. I was really worried..." Softly smiling, I ruffle up his mohawk before sitting up.

"Thank you so much, Larry. I appreciate it." He nods, smiling warmly and a faint pink on his cheeks. Clambering off of the bed, he stretches slightly before sighing. "Why was there so many coins, anyways?..."

"Oh?...Well, you see (F/n), I'm not just the cutesy youngest brother." He flashes me a grin, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief. "Get up. I wanna show you what I mean." Nodding, I get up and watch as he activates the secret entrance. Following him down, we re-enter the room, where the coins have been restacked properly. Grabbing one from a low pile, he pulls another shiny gold coin from his pocket and holds them up. "They look exactly the same, right?"

"Yeah...obviously. You're probably just a secret billionaire."

"That's only half of the truth, you see." Setting the coins on the floor, he grabs a hammer from a stool and kneels down. "Watch." Raising it, I gasp as I watch him swing it down on the coin from his pocket. However, nothing happens, and the coin is left perfectly unscathed. Picking it up, he hands it to me before setting the coin from the pile in front of him and swinging the hammer down.

My eyes widen as it shatters into small pieces before the bits turn to gold dust. "Wha...it was a fake?"

"Yup!~" As everything clicked, I look up at him in shock.

"Wait a minute...did you make these coins?..." He nods, beaming happily. "And...these coins are...counterfeits..." He nods again, grinning now. Gasping, I realize something that had happened just a few months prior. "Are you the great mastermind behind the Counterfeit Coin Crisis?!"

"Yup! Cheatsy, master counterfeit artist, at your service." He winks, grinning widely. I merely sit there in shock for a few moments before finally finding words to say.

"I had no idea that...a cute, small baby like you would be the one to cause the Counterfeit Coin Crisis..." He blushes brightly before puffing his cheeks up in defiance, causing his mouth to form a pout.

"I'm not a cute, small baby!" Softly laughing, I pat his head the kissing his forehead. His whole face turns red as his eyes widen, his mouth open slightly.

"Whatever you say, Lil' Larry. Say, that's what I'll call you from now on... Lil' Larry." Standing up, I laugh as he folds his arms across his chest.

"Don't call me Lil' Larry!" Heading to the door, I stop at the exit to my room.

"Whatever you want....Lil' Larry." His angry, flustered shouts follow me out of the coin room, causing me to laugh all the way into the bedroom.

~And now...we check up on a certain Koopa that you have been separated from.~

Sighing, Ludwig paces back and forth in his bedroom at his fortress, a habit he does when he's stressed or worried. Currently, it's a mix of the two. The reason why? You, my dear reader. He's worried for you, and also for himself. He's afraid he won't be able to remain with the others...and afraid he won't protect you. An idea slowly begins to form in his mind. An idea to keep you away from your awful family in this world.

This idea was an awful idea, but it's better than letting you go.