Valentine's Winners

Yo losers, how's it going???

Sorry for the gap. A bunch of stressful stuff has been happening lately so I haven't had time to update. However, I decided that, since I have a small gap of free time at the moment, I might as well announce the winners of the Valentine's Day contest!!

So, during the 3 weeks of the contest being open, I received 4 entries. A little disheartening, but I'm super happy that there were people willing to enter into it! The four entries were amazing, so it took a lot of analysis and time to place everyone in the order I've decided. To list the entries and the order, I'll be placing each story in here. If you don't want your story to be included, don't be afraid to tell me. Without further ado, let's get right to the listings!!

3RD PLACE (TIE)

DragoniteQuartz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julio x Luigi: Origami Love by DragoniteQuartz

Julio's POV:

6:58 PM

2/13/18

He came back. After defeating Bowser again (for the billionth time), he and Mario went home. Tomorrow was Valentine's day, and I was going to do something big. And I mean BIG! I started to get to work on my Origami Butterflies, and with a single blow of the wind, they came to life. Since Luigi was smarter, I wrote some coordinates on a red Origami Butterfly and set it free to his house.

8:34 PM

A few hours passed by, and he came to the right spot the coordinates told him to. "Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked. Using my intrepidity, I got the courage to walk up to him. "H-Hi Luigi!" I said while stuttering. Luigi walked up to me and said "You were the person who wanted to meet me here?" "Yes. I wanted to talk to you." I said. I just couldn't find the right words to tell him so I asked him to tell me about his fight with Bowser. He told me that it was normal as usual (the old axe next to a bridge that's easily accessible). While he was talking, I put my hand on his, but he didn't seem to react. But I loved him anyways.

7:15 AM

Valentine's day.

Today's the day. I'm finally going to confess to him. I spent almost the whole night making new Origami Butterflies. I planned the whole thing. Let's hope it turns out swell.....

10:38 AM

I sent the first flight of Origami Butterflies out. When I looked out the window, I saw a tired Luigi look out the window as well. The Butterflies spelled out "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LUIGI!" Luigi seems to be happy, then the Blue Origami Butterfly offered him the present I got him. It was a pendant with the words "Will you be my Valentine? ~Julio" All I saw him do was close the window, which sank my heart.

6:35 PM

I heard some knocking at my door, and I reluctantly decided to answer it. When I opened the door, it was Luigi! He was wearing the pendant I gave him. "Julio, I have the same feelings for you as well." Those words warmed my heart. I was so overjoyed that I almost cried. It was through love that made me feel this way. His love. Our Origami Love.

So that's about it. I hope you had fun reading this. I hope you return this to me.

With love,

Julio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I saw that this didn't involve the Koopalings, I was a bit shocked but excited! I enjoyed the way Julio used his powers to confess and that this is an established element in your Nintendo universe. He seems like a fairly interesting character that has a backstory, and the timing is fairly well. I believe this is also a journal entry or a letter of sorts (correct me if I'm wrong!) and it's definitely different from other entries in that aspect! I also enjoyed just the general story, it was very lovely and fluffy.