Chapter 57: Kooky's Girl

(Hey!! Here's the next chapter!! I don't know if any of you guys saw this coming, but I was leading up to this. I hope you all enjoy! If you have any ideas on what's gonna happen next or anything you wanna say, don't forget to comment! I love getting your feedback! And if you enjoy this part, go ahead and vote for it! Your support helps to keep me going!)

(ALSO, if anyone wants to listen to a recommended song while reading this chapter, then I recommend opening

this [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GD49gicLU ] or

this [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RplZ6qr7dY ]

in a new tab and listening to it on repeat as you read!)

------------------------------------------------------

Waking up in the morning, I find myself being held tight in Ludwig's arms. I feel a faint heat rise on my cheeks and I faintly smile before trying to fall back asleep, my head pressed against his chest. The sound of his heartbeat fills my ears and I slowly begin to doze off again but become alert as he shifts around. Looking up at him, I watch as he wakes up, his bright blue eyes cracking open. He looks around a little before looking at me, a faint smile making its way to his lips.

"Good morning, my dear. How did you sleep?"

"I slept pretty well, Luddy...thanks. And you?..."

"I slept amazingly with you here with me." He grins slightly before placing a small kiss on my forehead and sitting up. I yawn and sit up before stretching. Smacking my lips a little, I stand up and scratch the back of my head. I feel the fabric clinging to me change, and I look to see that it has morphed back to the dress Ludwig had given to me last night. I beam and pick up the brush on his nightstand before combing my hair. The hairbrush runs through my (h/l), (h/c) locks with ease, and all of the knots are out fairly quickly. Putting it back, I step out onto the deck and see Sandy. Grinning happily, I sneak up behind him before kneeling down and scooping him up in my arms. He eeps, startled, before turning to me and seems to pout.

"(F/n)! You scared me! How mean!" I laugh and hug him before giving him a soft smile.

"Sorry, Sandy. But you're just so huggable..!" Suddenly, a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pick me up a little, and I gasp before struggling.

"You're even more huggable, princess!" I look over my shoulder to see Ludwig smirking up at me and I huff, pouting.

"Ludwig, you jerk! You scared me! You meanie!" He chuckles softly before setting me back down, his eyes gleaming mischievously.

"Sorry. It was too good of an opportunity. We're nearly at my fortress, so get ready." I nod and he walks off. I look back at Sandy and notice the fearful expression on his mask.

"Sandy...? What's the matter?"

"H-how....can you feel love to him? He's so...scary."

"Sandy, Ludwig isn't that bad."

"That's not Ludwig," he whispers in a hushed, frantic tone, his hands clinging to my dress. "I've met him before, and that's not him. That's someone else." My brows furrow at his words and I feel a chill course through my spine as I remember about Kooky.

"...alright. Thank you, Sandy." I look out to the scenery around us to see that we had nearly reached the tower before looking up at the bright blue sky. "...it's nice up here."

"...yeah. It is." I rub Sandy's back before I sit down on a small crate on the main deck. I watch the scenery as we pull up to the fortress. The airship slows to a stop and I stand up, still holding Sandy. The ramp is deployed and I walk off with Peach, Ludwig, and a bunch of the ship's crew. We all enter the tower and I begin to head to the room that Ludwig had shown me to about 40 chapters ago. Feeling a hand grip my shoulder, I turn to see the blue-haired male looking at me quietly.