Chapter 22: Nightmare ♪♪♪♪♪ ♥ ♪♪♪♪♪

(Trigger Warning: Lots of violence and a bit of death-it's not canon, though. Just a dream. That's it, I guess. Thanks for being so patient, y'all!) 

♪♪ ♥♪♪[MAIN P.O.V.]♪♪ ♥♪♪

I slowly slipped into a deep sleep, feeling my whole body relax as I fell asleep and "entered Dreamland."

~~~~~~~~~~

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly opened them before looking around the area that I was laying in. I was in the middle of a flower field, the sky above me a beautiful blue and dotted with fluffy white clouds. Smiling softly, I sat up and looked around, recognizing the flowers as a meadow that grew nearby my kingdom's capital. Looking behind me, I saw the city with the castle looming above, and stood up. Stretching, I began to walk to it.

Soon reaching it, I entered through the main doors and looked around the main room. Empty. Beginning to feel a little nervous, I walked in further, heading to the throne room. Reaching the entrance, I took a deep breath before slowly opening the door. 

"Hello?..." Looking in, I saw my parents sitting in their thrones, looking down at the floor. Going into the room, I slowly walked over my night gown gripped tightly in my hands. "Mom? Dad?.... It's me, (F/n) I-I'm back." My mother suddenly looked up, her eyes boring into me with anger and confusion.

"(F/n)?... We have no daughter by that name- at least, not anymore. She died when she was younger." She fell silent for a moment before continuing. "Why do you claim to be her when she has been gone for many years?"

"But, mom... I AM (F/n)! Don't you recognize me?"

"I have NEVER seen you before. And I only have one child. (Sibling's name)."

"But-" My father abruptly stood up and walked over to me, his hands clutched into fists. Stopping in front of me, his eyes glared down at me in disgust and hatred. 

"How dare you. On the day that we remember our deceased daughter, you show up and pretend to be her! What kind of joke is this?!" 

"B-but, dad-"

"Silence!" I stared up at him, my body quivering with fear. "I want you to leave, now. Never return to this kingdom, or I will make sure that you pay for this treacherous scheme." I stepped back from him, tears brimming at the corners of my eyes. Seeming satisfied, he returned to his throne and sat down, and as I headed towards the door, I looked back at them once more, only to gasp at what I now saw.

The throne room was now completely ruined and in shambles. Hundreds of vines wrapped around the pillars and climbing the walls. A large hole was in the ceiling and the outermost wall, letting light stream through. Stone bricks, moth-eaten cloth, and termite-ridden wood was littered across the floor and blocked the hole in the wall. It would've been cool to explore a little if I didn't look up at the thrones.

The thrones themselves were dingy, and the iron bolts and supports had rusted away, leaving them to rest haphazardly. However, what was sitting on them was what made me feel nauseous.

The rotted corpses of my parents and (Sibling's name) rested on them, and thousands-no, millions of bugs, ranging from maggots and cockroaches to locusts, were swarming around them. The sound of the insects' feeding was audible from where I stood, and the decaying smell that filled the air pushed me over the edge. Placing a hand over my mouth, I ran over to a nearby pillar before keeling over and vomiting, my previous meal splattering onto the ground in a puddle of bile and partially digested bits. Vomiting once more, I wiped my mouth before noticing something off.