Chapter 38: Discussions

(I'm so sorry for not updating! I know I keep saying I will, but school likes to get in the way -_-; Senior year is TOUGH. But, here's a new chapter! I apologize for it not being all that, but I'll amp up the next one with intense action. For now, enjoy! And don't forget to vote, comment, and check out my other stuff, too! It'd mean a LOT. And I have lots of interesting things going on if this doesn't exactly float your boat, or if you get bored. But I hope you all like this!  ♡

A loud blast fills my ears as the scent of gunpowder invades my lungs. I cover my ears and watch as the Bullet Bill, an angered expression on its face, zooms towards Mario and Luigi. They quickly dodge before rushing towards Roy. He fires more at them, and the combined sounds of the fired cannon, along with the explosions of the fired enemies as they crash into the walls, make my ears ring painfully.

My eyes widen as they hit the pink-haired male before leaping back, avoiding the Blaster as he swings it at the duo. Mario rushes towards him, jumping on top if a Bullet Bill and sending it to the ground, before pounding his feet on Roy's head. I gasp as Luigi follows his actions, sending him toppling over with the Blaster morphing back to his wand. I quickly stand and rush over to the teen, scooping his wand up.

“Princess, please! Come back with us! Everything will be okay!” I shake my head, kneeling down by Roy and helping him up.

“I'm not going back.”

“Why not?”

“My family HATES me! My kingdom HATES me! Even PEACH hates me! I'm not going back to a place where I'll experience nothing but hate!” I stand up, holding Roy up. “I'm staying in a place where I matter. You won't take me back unless you tie me up and drag me. I won't go without a fight.” Luigi slowly steps over, his gloved hands reaching for me. I step back and glare at them.

“(F/n), please...I'm sure they don't hate you. I know me and my bro don't. Please come back with us.” As his hand grips my arm gently, I tug it away and begin hurrying to the door. They follow, and I hop onto the ship with the wounded male.

“Let's get going, guys! We don't have time to waste!” The crew quickly steers off towards Roy's castle, and I ignore the heated glare coming from Peach as I pull the freckled male into his quarters. Laying him down on his bed, I sigh softly before placing the onyx gem on his forehead. “Curaga.” I let out a yelp at the burning sensation that jolts through my veins, but I manage to keep a grip on the wand until it passes. Watching as Roy slowly stirs, I sigh and sit by him, my legs and arms shaking.

“...hey...ya okay?” I slowly nod, looking at him. He sits up and groans, clutching his head. “Those stupid damn plumbas...I can't believe dey defeated me. Dey are gonna pay for dis!” He huffs and tries to stand up. I quickly make him lay back down, staring at him worriedly.

“Roy, it's okay. Just rest for now. You'll get them next time, okay?” He slowly nods before looking away, a slight blush dusting his cheeks. I softly smile before sitting back up. Scratching my arm, I slowly pause, feeling something odd about it. Glancing down, I begin hyperventilating as I see scales covering my skin. “R-Roy!...What's going on?!...” He sits up and looks at my arms worriedly.

“I-I dunno! Oh man, Boss is gonna KILL me fer dis!” I tremble as I stare at them, shaking my head.

“Ah, this isn't good at all!”

“(F/n), didja use mah wand?!” I nod, tears welling up at the corners of my eyes. “No more using anyone's wand! Dat’s what's doing dis!” I quickly nod, shaking.

“C-can it be undone?!”

“I-I can try ta help…” He picks the silver scepter up and presses the tip against my arm. “Uhh….R-reversio.” The scales slowly dissolve away, and I sigh in relief, watching. Putting it back down, Roy quickly wipes my cheeks, his touch gentle. “Yer cryin’...” I sniffle and turn away, wiping my eyes.

“Sorry. I was scared.” He nods, rubbing my back.

“It's fine, girly. Just...no more, okay? It might be worse next time.” I nod, looking at my lap. He sighs, turning away. “...this time, dem stupid idjits won't beat me. Ya won't have ta use anyone's wand again, a’ight? Cause nobody is gonna get hurt again. Got it?” I nod, quiet. He pats my head, causing my face to heat up slightly, before standing up. “Now, we should be reachin’ mah castle soon. If ya thought mah fortress was impressive, den ya haven't seen anythin’ yet!” I giggle softly and nod, smiling.

“Ah, Roy. I have something for you.” He looks at me and raises a brow, his mouth upturned in a curious, quirky expression.

“Oh?...” I nod and stand up, pulling out a purple, pink, and black (necklace/bracelet) before handing it to him.

“There. It's a good luck charm. I hope it'll help for the next battle.” He grins before putting it on.

“Thank ya. I'm sure it'll help too, (F/n).” The ship suddenly lurches, causing me to topple over with Roy following suit. Hitting my head, I groan slightly and gasp as the male lands on me. He quickly pulls away, his face turning red. “Ah, I didn't mean ta do dat! Sorry!” I nod and sit up, my face hot.

“It's fine! It was an accident.” I slowly stand up before helping him to his feet.

“We should be there.” I nod, and follow him as he pulls me out on deck. I stare up at the towering tower above us, my jaw slack and eyes wide. “Cool, huh?” I nod, staring. “Let's head in.” Me and Peach follow him as he drags us inside and through the arena. The blonde princess quickly walks off, presumably to her room. Turning to me, Roy grins as he gets an idea. “Say, ya wanna go cool off?” I nod, stretching.

“Yeah. Why? You got a pool or a private oasis?” He nods.

“Yeah, but I have somethin’ even betta. Let's go get in th’ water fer a bit. Then we'll go to mah ice cream parlour.”

Shall we check up on our lovely blue-haired love?....

Ludwig paces around in his room, his hair askew and dark circles under his dull eyes. His mind, although lagging due to a lack of sleep, would not stop racing about you. Hearing a knock come from his door, he quickly turns to it, annoyed.

"What is it?!" A young Koopa steps in and bows.

"My apologies, sir, but I bear news from the Meadow Kingdom."

"Well? Out with it!" The Koopa squeaks fearfully before bowing again.

"S-Sir Larry was defeated by the Mario Brothers, who are now facing Sir Roy." He growls before shoving the Koopa out. Swearing loudly, he punches a wall before going to his balcony. Staring across the landscape, he sighs, exhausted and stressed.

"What am I going to do?..."