Chapter 55: Rhodolite and Raspberry Tears

(YO HELLO HI IT'S YA BOI TIMESLIME BACK FROM THE DEAD)

(Ok, so that isn't really how I 'm gonna come back lol. But, I AM indeed back. Life has been all sorts of crazy lately. College ended, I left home, moved around a lot, and everything has just been very, very hectic. I have been working on the story, and I've been working on something that I hope will be done around the time this story is complete! It's a HUGE project, so I'm not entirely sure about that though. I really hope you all enjoy the first part of the comeback, and I promise that I'll update in the next few days! Don't shoot me plz)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly began to wake up, my head throbbing painfully and my body feeling weak. Groaning softly, I manage to crack my eyes open before glancing around, too tired to move my head - let alone my body. Hearing small, soft footsteps walking around the room, I figure that it's Sandy and glance at the immediate area that I'm in. I was back in the bed I had chosen the night before, in Lemmy's room. Taking a deep breath, I brace myself before slowly sitting up. Pain flourishes through my body and I whimper before I sit up against my pillows.

"M-miss (F/n)! You're awake! You shouldn't be moving around too much or you could hurt yourself!" Glancing at the voice, I see Sandy hurrying over to me, holding a silver tray with a bowl and spoon. He sets the tray on my lap before carefully climbing onto the bed beside me, making sure the bowl doesn't spill over. "I made you some (favorite soup type) soup...!" Upon settling down, he picks up the dishes from the tray and spoons out some of the meal. "U-until you have healed, o-or someone manages to heal you, I shall care for you..."

"Sandy....you're too sweet. I'm just sore, is all." He turns to me and huffs, displeased by my response.

"(F/n), you hit your head earlier. I'm going to make sure you're okay. You've helped me a lot already, so let me do this. Please." I let out a faint chuckle and give him warm smile before laying back against my pillows.

"Alright, doc." Nodding, he begins to feed me the soup quietly. It's quite delicious, and I feel warm and full once the bowl is empty. "Thanks, Sandy. That helped quite a bit. You can go ahead and go. Maybe a Magikoopa or Lemmy can fix me right up." He nods and goes to hop off the bed. I quickly catch him before he does, and watch as he turns to me. Grinning, I plant a kiss on top of his head and watch as his mask turns red. Sandy quickly hurries off the bed and gathers the dishes before rushing out, the door slamming behind him. I laugh before getting settled into the bed, my gaze on the ceiling painted with the night sky. Hearing the door open, I look to it to see that a Magikoopa had entered, along with Lemmy. Seeing that I was awake, the small male lets out a joyful cheer and rushes over to me.

"You're awake, (F/n)! I'm so glad! You were sleeping for a while after you hit your head! I was really worried about you..." The magician gently patted his shoulder before standing beside him.

"Don't worry. I'll heal her right up. Just a moment." Rolling up their sleeves, they adjust their glasses and place their palm against my forehead. A gentle heat blooms from their hand and spreads throughout my body, washing away my former aches.

"Thank you so much." They nod before exiting the room. Lemmy quickly leaps up into my bed and plants himself on my lap before tightly hugging me. I return the gesture, rubbing his back to comfort him.

"Don't worry, Lem. I'm alright. Sorry to worry you. I did a big old goof back there and got myself hurt. Maybe I should just stay on the ship this go around." He looks up at me before shaking his head, frowning slightly.