Chapter 6: Apologies♪♪♪♪♪ ♥♪♪♪♪♪

♪♪ ♥♪♪ [MAIN POV]♪♪ ♥♪♪

      I stared at Ludwig, my eyes interlocking with his bluish grey ones. I curled up closer to myself and turned away from him, my breath catching in my throat. Hearing the clicking of his shoes as he approached, I moved closer to the wall as the bed dipped down next to me. Feeling a hand on my knee, I flinched away slightly before slowly looking up at him. Concern and regret were upon his features as his eyes studied me, filled with the same emotions.

      "L-listen... I overreacted. I don't know how girls work exactly, and I kinda blew my lid at you. It's just that I've never really interacted with females before, and I didn't know how to handle the situation. I let my emotions get out of control, and I didn't mean to. I..." He sighed, trying to find the right words before continuing. "I didn't mean to make you upset. I was embarrassed and something funny was happening with me, and I didn't know how to react. I understand if you don't trust me, but I want to make it up to you, the best way I possibly can. And I usually don't so this often either, so... I truly do apologize for MY foolish antics." I stared at him, my eyes widening. Despite his arrogance, he sounded honest with his words. Biting my lip for a moment, I sighed before hesitantly placing my hand on top of his. He looked at it before looking back at me, surprise written across his face.

      "I.... I guess I forgive you. I kind of took the teasing a bit too far, and I didn't mean to. I was having fun seeing you so shocked and embarrassed... But I overdid it. And I honestly didn't mean for THAT to happen... and it's as much my fault as it is yours. So, I'm also sorry."

      "And I guess I forgive you too..." A peaceful silence fell over us before someone cleared their throat from the doorway.

      "Glad to see my words struck a chord within you, bro." Looking towards the source, I saw a female.... Koopa, wearing a pink and white polka-dotted bow, pink high heels, a red bead necklace, yellow bangle bracelet s, and pink lipstick. A smile was on her face as she directed her icy blue gae onto me."And it's nice to meet you face to face. Don't worry about thanking me, I always have to put them in their places." She smirked before turning to leave. "Oh, and don't be too loud, you lovebirds! You know how Iggy gets when his work is messed up by others!" I felt my face heat up at what she was implying as she laughed before closing the door as she left. Turning towards the blue haired male, I noticed that his face was also covered with a light blush and a scowl was on his lips. We sat there in silence until he cleared his throat.

      "Do you, maybe.... Wanna redo our meeting? Make it proper this time?" I nodded, a small smile on my lips. Standing up, he pulled his hand out from under mine, and I felt disappointed somehow at the loss of contact. Clearing his throat, he fixed his cravat before smiling and glancing down at me and holding his hand out. "My name is Ludwig von Koopa. I am the oldest of the Koopaling group, and I have captured you. Until you are, possibly, rescued, you will be staying here in my room as my prisoner. May I ask who you are?" I giggled before responding.

      "I am (F/n) (L/n), princess and future heir to (Kingdom Name)." Placing my hand in his, we shook each other's hand before staying like that longer than necessary. My face warmed up once more as I noticed just how warm and smooth his hand actually was. He quickly pulled away, a shy and embarrassed look on him as he rubbed the hand that was just touching mine with the other.

      "W-well.... (F/n), I recall you asking earlier if you could freshen up a bit. Would you still like to?..."

      "Uhm, yeah. Sure." He chuckled before responding.

      "Wow. You sound SOO confident in your answer."

      "I know. It would've even made the strongest of creatures tremble at my feet." We both began to laugh before I stood up shakily. Suddenly feeling lightheaded, I began to fall forward until hands caught me around my waist and steadied me.