Chapter 66: Saying Yes to the Dress (LUIGI ENDING)

(Hey guys!! Here's one of the endings of the story! The next endings should be up fairly soon! The next parts should be a bit longer. I'm sorry about the wait, but I hope you all enjoy this shorter chapter.)

______________________________________________

"...I..." Feeling Peach gently place her hand on my shoulder, I look up at her before looking at the ground once more. They had me trapped. If I said no, then...who knows what they'd do to me? To the Dark Kingdom? To the Koopa family? I...I can't let anything happen to them. I'd sacrifice myself for them.

"...well?"

"...if I say yes, will you leave the Dark Kingdom alone and promise to not attack them?"

"...I suppose we can meet that demand, yes."

"...then I...I accept."

"(F/n), you shouldn't say yes if you don't want to!" Luigi gently grabs my hand, a worried expression on his face. "If you don't want to do it, just say it...! Do what makes you happy...!"

"...as long as the Dark Kingdom is safe, then...I'd sacrifice my own life and happiness for them."

"...(F/n)...." My father claps his hands together, and a few servants enter the room.

"Servants, prepare for the wedding. Take (F/n) to the royal tailor, and have everything ready by tomorrow. If we are going to have a wedding, it shall happen tomorrow. Oh, and take that Shy Guy to her quarters." The servants approach and lead me away, taking me to the tailor to prepare me for what should be the happiest day of my life.

Hours would go by as the tailors made a flowing white ballroom wedding gown for me, designing it to fit me and to look beautiful. Once it was finished and they were sure it fit me, they sent me back to my old room so that I could sleep. Closing the door behind me, I look around at the room I used to call mine. Everything was exactly as I had left it. At one point, it had been my safe space.

"...now, it's a prison." Seeing Sandy curled up on my bed, I quietly approach and sit on the side of the bed by him. "...Sandy..." Placing a hand on him, I feel him shaking slightly and I pick him up, holding him close to my chest. He begins to sob, clinging onto me.

"W-why did you say yes...?!"

"...I have to protect the Dark Kingdom somehow, Sandy. You heard me. I'd sacrifice my life for them. I just...want what's best for everyone."

"But it's not the best for you! Who cares about what you pick?! Your happiness matters too! You...you shouldn't have said yes...."

"...I know. But...it's too late. I...I need to protect them."

"You don't even love Luigi!"

"...I don't. My heart belongs with Ludwig and the rest of the Koopas. And with you. Not Luigi, or Mario, or my blood family. I just...I don't want anyone to get hurt."

"But YOU'RE hurting from this!!"

"...I am. But I'll manage. It'll heal eventually. Now...let's get to bed. I can't have my ring bearer be tired tomorrow."

"...ring bearer?"

"Of course. Why would you not be the ring bearer? If I have to get married, then you're going to be a part of it." I kiss the top of his head and lay down. Pulling the covers over us, a few tears slip down my cheeks as I fall asleep, my heart heavy.

...was this REALLY the right choice?

-----------------------------------

Wedding day.

This was something I was planning to have when I was older, and had found the right one for me. But now...it felt like the worst day of my life. I was marrying one of the enemies of the one I truly love, all to protect my new family.

And I wanted to die.

Pulling myself from my thoughts, I looked at Luigi, who wore a fancy white tux with a green bowtie. My soon-to-be husband. I wished that it was Ludwig instead. Imagining Ludwig standing before me, donning an exquisite white suit with his hair tied back got my heart fluttering in my chest. However, the fluttering quickly stopped as I realized that I'd never be able to marry the blue-haired Koopa.

"Princess (F/n), do you take Luigi to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?" Swallowing a bit, I take a deep breath and slowly nod, tears beginning to form at the corners of my eyes.

"...I-I do..."

"And Luigi, do you take Princess (F/n) to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part?"

"...I-I do."

"Then by the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Gently cupping my face in his gloved hands, Luigi leans forward and softly kisses me. The tears that I had been holding back begin to spill down my cheeks as he kisses me, everyone cheering. He pulls away and wipes my tears away, a worried expression on his face.

"...you okay?" I weakly nod, unable to speak. He gently rubs my back before leading me down the aisle.

...looks like my story is over.

And I've chosen the unhappiest ending.