Chapter 10: Let's Make A Deal!♪♪♪♪♪♥♪♪♪♪♪

(Terrible title is terrible. Warning: awkwardness and a bit of violence is ahead.)

♪♪♥♪♪ [MAIN POV] ♪♪♥♪♪

      Reaching the cafeteria's entrance, Ludwig poked his head in and looked around to see if Roy was inside. Letting out a sigh of relief, he walked in, pulling me behind him. Walking over to the kitchen window, he rung the Bell sitting on the counter and waited a few minutes before sighing. Letting go of my hand, he went over to a Goomba that was sitting at a nearby table and talked with him too quiet flor me to hear. Soon after, he returned, a scowl on his face.

      "The chef's on break for the next hour." Letting out a small sigh, a small idea made its way into my head that wouldn't go away.

      "Well, how about we go into the kitchen and make the cake ourselves?" He stared at me, bewildered.

      "The door's locked, and only the chef has the key! And he NEVER lets anyone go inside his kitchen!" Frowning, I spoke once more.

     "How about I ask him if we could try out a new recipe he could make for the troops? He must be looking for new things to make, right?" Ludwig nodded hesitant, still wary of my plan.

      "It might work... but he would need a sample of it, and he would have to get it approved by boss as well."

      "Well, let's ask! There's no harm in trying, right?" Grabbing him by his wrist, I tugged him out of the cafeteria before pausing, remembering that I didn't know where the throne room or where the chef was. "...On second thought, you should lead the way, Ludwig." Rolling his eyes as I released his arm, he grasped my wrist before walking down the hall, with me in tow. Making a few lefts and rights, we soon reached a room that had "Chef Koopa" imprinted on a plaque by the door. Taking a deep breath, Ludwig ran a hand through his hair before turning to me.

      "Before we speak to him, I need to warn you. He is very loyal to boss, and if he knows that it was your idea to talk to him, he will harm me and you. So you have to act like you're scared of everything?... What's the word.... Oh! Pretend to be submissive to the both of us, and you'll be fine, alright?" I smirked before nodding and wiggling my eyebrows.

      "Didn't know that you were the dominating type, but...Whatever you say, Luddy~" I giggled as I winked at him, causing a blush to spread across his cheeks as he smirked at me and grabbed my chin. Moving his lips by my ear, I felt my face go red as his warm breath fanned on the shell of it.

      "There's a lot of things you don't know about me, sweet cheeks~" Shuddering at his words, he chuckled before pulling away, looking quite proud of himself. "But remember what I said, (F/n)." I nodded, and he turned to the door and knocked on the wooden surface. After a few moments, the door swung open, revealing a grumpy, slightly older Koopa Troopa with a red shell and a chef hat perched on his head.

      "Who are ya, an' whaddya want?!" Ludwig cleared his throat before speaking, a hint of humility in his tone.

     "Chef Koopa, it's me, Ludwig. I was hoping if you could possibly grace me a small favour." Scowling, the Koopa thought about it before moving to the side, letting us enter. Ludwig walked in and harshly tugged me with him, causing me to stumble slightly at the sudden act. Shutting the door, the older reptile pointed at a red chair before speaking.

      "Sit." Pulling me along roughly, Ludwig gently sat down in the chair before tugging me down onto his lap, causing my eyes to widen. Sitting down in a nearby grey chair, the chef got comfortable before continuing. "Now, what exactly is this favour you want?"

      "Well, you see Chef, my PRISONER here..." Gripping my arm tightly and digging his nails slightly into my skin, I bit my lip slightly in an attempt to keep any sounds to come out as he continued. "Has heard of a recipe that may help to boost the troops' morales and make them more willing to fight that stupid Mario." He hummed before directing his fierce gaze onto me, causing me to look down. Hearing his chair creak as he stood up, his footsteps tapped on the floor as he walked over and stood in front of us.