Chapter 42: Down the Drain

(So so so sorry for not updating! I finally graduated so I now have a bit of time to work on this story. I hope you guys enjoy this next chapter, and don't forget to comment or vote if you want!)

Finally reaching Wendy's castle, we head into the building through the bay doors. The arena was huge with marble stone floors and tiles, and there was crystal clear water surrounding it. Peach went to who knows where while I followed Wendy. The castle itself was elegantly decorated, with pink and black banners.

“So, (F/n), what do you think?”

“I like it. Suits you well.” She grins before leading me to a random room.

“This is your room if you wanna head in. I, however, am heading down to the hot tub and relaxing before the idiot duo shows up.”

“Can I…-”

“Do you really need to ask?” Placing her hands on her hips, she turns to me and lifts a brow. “Of course you can come, silly. Now come on, it's REALLY nice.” I nod and follows her down to one of the lower levels. Reaching a set of glass doors, she opens them, letting me in. Heat washes over me as I enter from the steaming warm water. Scents of the ocean's salty water along with tropical sands and flowers fill the air, and the room glows with soft blues and yellows from lights strategically placed inside. The tub itself is enormous, and can easily fit ten people.

“This is so amazing…!”

“What can I say? I DO have great taste.” She grins, stepping to the edge. Stretching, she begins to shed her clothes, and I quickly look away with warm cheeks. Kicking off my shoes, I slide into the water and sigh, enveloped in the comforting heat. Smiling, I feel all stress and tension leave me and I slip further into the tub, my eyes fluttering shut. Sensing someone else get in, I turn and see Wendy getting in, the water covering her form up to her shoulders. She grins, her makeup wiped off and revealing her natural looks. Her hair is also down, and it fans out around her. I slowly piece together my words to express my thoughts.

“You look...different like that. It's...nice, in a way.” Her eyes widen slightly before she shyly smiles.

“I'm not used...to showing people my natural looks. I was always taught that a proper lady wears makeup and keeps her appearance as good as possible.”

“Well, you shouldn't if you don't want to. You're naturally pretty, you know.” She nods, smiling.

“Thanks, (F/n). You...you always know what to say.”

“I try.” We fall quiet, enjoying the relaxing environment. Suddenly, a loud growl fills the area, coming from her. We both look at each other before laughing loudly.

“Let's go get food, huh?” I nod, clamoring out of the tub. She follows and wrings her blonde locks out. Doing the same, I glance at her and immediately turn away, since she was nude in front of me. Putting our clothes back on after she uses a spell to dry us off, I follow her to the dining hall.

~●~●~Time Skip~●~●~

As we were finishing our dessert, sirens began to blare as red lights flashed around us. Quickly standing, Wendy pulls me out of my seat and upstairs. Barging into Peach’s room, she grabs her and drags us to the arena. Shoving her to the ship, she gives me a big grin before shutting the doors.

“You ready, (F/n)?” I nod, returning the grin. She stretches before turning to the entrance. As if on cue, the Mario Bros. rush in before planting themselves near where they had entered at, and stared Wendy down.

“It's time for this to end, Wendy!” The blonde began to laugh at Mario’s declaration, shaking her head. Once calm, she smirks at the duo’s shocked expressions before flashing a toothy grin.

“Actually, it's your turn to have your hopes sunk!” She slams her foot down on a discolored tile, causing the water to rise. The clear liquid fills the room, but I find myself still standing and able to breathe in it. I watch as she tugs a blue string on the inside of her short coat, and the coat and her skirt transform to chain mail armor. Her top becomes a bikini top, her leggings turn to skintight shorts, and her boots turn to pink flats. She doesn't have a cape, but an odd mark appears on her forehead, and her bracelets enlarge greatly. Pulling her wand out, she grins before firing a blast of purple flames at the two.

The two plumbers quickly dodge and swim to her. She swings her wrists, sending glowing rings towards them. Barely dodging, they approach more and Mario manages to kick her. Growling, she grabs him and throws him, sending him through the water. Luigi goes to strike, but she hits him with her bracelets, sending him back. Using a Fire Flower, Mario hands a Mushroom to Luigi before throwing red balls of flame towards Wendy. She attempts to dodge them all, but keeps getting hit by them. Holding her wand with both hands, she aims it at them and uses a freezing spell. The two barely dodge before attacking again. She collapses, battered and bruised. The water drains from the room, and I hurry over to Wendy.

“Wendy?!” She curls up, quiet.

“...go...hurry. Don't let….them get you.” I nod, rubbing her shoulder, before running out the bay doors with the Italians following. I leap onto the ship and stumble before landing against something firm and warm. Feeling hands on my forearms, I glance up to see Morton looking down at me with concern.

“Are you alright, miss (F/n)?...” I nod quickly. He nods and quickly releases me before rubbing my shoulder. “You must be exhausted from dealing with us, hmm?” I slowly nod.

“It's not you guys, it's just...Mario and Luigi and Peach that are wearing me out...I don't want to go back.”

“I understand completely. And we shall do our best to keep you with us. I can't promise that I'll be able to defeat them, but I shall do my best. Okay?”

“Yeah. Thank you, Morton.”

“Of course. Now, I'm not entirely sure where you shall sleep, but...I do have a bunk bed in my cabin just in case for this sort of situation. If you would like to sleep in the other bed, you may.” I nod. He nods and begins walking, and I follow him to his cabin. Walking in, he holds the door for me and I step inside. The bunk bed is huge, both in size and height. I walk over and attempt to climb up into it, but can't quite get a grip. Noticing, the dark skinned male comes over. “Do you need some assistance?”

“...Please…” He nods, softly chuckling as my face heats up in embarrassment. Placing his hands under my arms, he easily lifts me up so that I can get onto the bed. Climbing in, I get under the covers and give him a sleepy smile, exhaustion washing over me. “Thanks…”

“Of course. Get some rest now, miss (F/n). Good night.”

“Good night…” I yawn and let my eyes slide shut before quickly slipping into my dreams.

(And here is Wendy's battle outfit: