Chapter 50: Falling

(Hey!!! Here's the next chapter! I apologize for how poor it is. I've been pretty busy with school. I hope you all enjoy, anyways! :D)

Feeling a cold draft wash over me, I shiver and slowly wake up. Looking down at Sandy, I notice that he's shivering and I gently hold him close to keep him warm before looking around. Nothing seemed to be out of place, which was odd. Slowly sitting up, I grab the blanket, which had slipped onto the floor, and drape it over Sandy before standing, leaving him to sleep. Stepping over to the door, I try to open it, but to no avail. Swearing softly, I look around the room and notice a window, which was large enough for a Bullet Bill to pass through.

"......miss (F/n)?....you awake?"

"Yeah. Go back to sleep, Sandy."

"....whatcha doing?"

"I think I found a way out...." Going over to the window, I managed to open it before grinning, looking outside. Going over to one of the chests, I open it before pulling out blankets, sheets, and curtains. Beginning to tie them together, I look up and watch as Sandy gets up and walks over. He begins to help, and we manage to make a homemade rope in no time. Tying it around a post on the bedframe, I toss it out the window and watch as it unravels, reaching one of the lower bridges of the fortress.

"You should go first...."

"No, you go. You're lighter and quicker. Safer for you, too. If anything happens, I want it to happen to me and not you." He slowly nods before going over to the window. Hopping up onto a chest, he grabs the makeshift line and manages to get up to the window before turning to me.

"I-I'll wait for you below. Stay safe until we get out together, okay?..."

"Of course." With that, he disappears from sight, lowering himself down to the stone wall. I wait patiently, and eventually, I notice a tug on the rope, signaling he had made it safely. Gulping, I pull the rope up until the end is in my hands. Tying it in a tight knot around my waist, I get up into the windowsill and look down. Seeing how far it truly was, I tremble and stare down at Sandy fearfully before stepping onto a small ledge below the window. Turning to the ship, I grab onto the cloths, gather them all together, and step off of the ledge.

I let out a shriek as I swing towards the ship, hanging in midair. My forward momentum ends and I swing backward, slowly going to and fro high above the ground. I slowly let a small amount of the rope go at a time, which slowly lowered me. I got closer and closer to where Sandy stood, and I believed that I would make it safely. Letting out a sigh of relief, I look up and watch in horror as a stray Bullet Bill went hurtling towards the ship. It crashed into the structure right where the room was, creating a large hole. The rope snapped, sending me down to the ground. Shutting my eyes as I waited for my end, I gasp as I land on something warm and firm. Cracking my eyes open, my blood runs cold as I see Iggy, who had caught me before I had hit the ground.

".....(F/n)."

"....I-Iggy."

"...you are coming with me, princess."

"Where?"

"Inside. You're not safe out here."

"Not without Sandy."

"........fine. Let's go. Before THEY arrive." As Iggy turns to the fortress, I look at Sandy and sigh, my hopes slowly plummeting as I thought of what would happen next.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sighing, I watch as Iggy mixes some chemicals together, puffs of bright smoke flaring up with each combination. Mixing the two main liquids, dark green smoke fills the air before fading away. Giggling, he swirls the concoction around in the glass container before turning to me, his eyes wide and glimmering with excitement.

"One sip of this and I'll have unlimited strength over those pesky brothers! Gehehe!~" With that, he chugs the whole thing, drinking it in one go. Once done, he throws the flask to the ground and grins as the glass shatters, shards flying everywhere.

"That wasn't necessary..."

"Ooooooh!~ I feel so....so MIGHTY and POWERFUL!" Cackling madly, he stretches before punching a stone wall, which easily shatters it into rubble. "Hahaha! Those stupid plumbers won't stand a chance against me now!" Suddenly, sirens begin to blare loudly, signaling that they had arrived. "Let's get going!" Picking me up, he rushes out of the room and to where Peach's room was before grabbing her. Rushing into his arena, which was made out of dark metal, he tossed us onto the ship before returning to the arena, the doors wide open.

Two figures enter the room, and I immediately recognize them as Mario and Luigi. Shouting can be faintly heard from the room, and I watch as Mario tosses something towards Iggy. Recognizing it, I gasp and rush inside, much to everyone's surprise.

"SANDY!!!"