Seventeen

⁰¹⁰¹²⁶
The year indeed passed by as if like it was just a month ago when I came from being a joyful kid.

But little by little, I am realizing that I am not a kid anymore; that I am gradually aging as the day goes on. I went from being a lost child wanting to grow up to becoming a teenager that now wants to stop the time and go back; to where I could restart— to where I am not seventeen.

Lost in thoughts in reminiscing, a smile of fulfillment engulf me. Despite of some wrong decisions and opportunities I wasted during my sixteen years; I still am proud of how I built the me that I am today; the me that I have fallen in love with— for sixteen taught me to bloom like a sunflower I wanted myself to be; for it taught me to danced through the waves of  ocean of melancholy.

Yet there is this one more important lesson that sixteen years have taught me— and it is that growth does not necessarily mean changing your ways of thinking, nor changing the way you dressed; but rather becoming yourself and embracing the broken side of you— and kissing the scars that battles have left you.

Now that I am a year older, I would want to carry the things that the sixteen me have built and taught me. So when I once again walk with the path I am going through, she would remind me of how far I have become despite of the painful circumstances thay I faced.

Forever, I would keep the sixteen versions of me so I would know I did well— so I would be reminded, that sixteen have become part of this journey; so I would be reminded that there is no seventeen, if it weren't for sixteen.