Juan Mata [~] Paint

For Christina201055: Juan Mata (sorry for the wait)

After you had found out that you were pregnant, you were absolutely ecstatic, as was your new husband Juan Mata. The two of you had been married for less than a year, and had planned to have kids relatively quickly after your marriage, having already been dating for five years previous before Juan asked you to marry him. Which led you guys to your current predicament. With two cans of paint in Juan's hands, the two of you stepped into the room that you would turn into your nursery. Having just moved to Manchester recently, you had hardly touched the room since you and Juan moved in, except to throw your junk into.

Several boxes were stacked around the room, filled with God knows what from your move to your new home. You loved Juan and you loved watching him play but his ability to be signed from any team in the world was annoying. Your husband was a great player, there was no denying that, and he was wanted by top clubs. You didn't want to hold him back but having to move multiple times in the last few years had been frustrating to say the least. You hoped you were here to stay, at least for a few years.

Juan sat down the paint cans as you two started to try and clear the mess you had created on moving day, despite Juan's overprotective nature about the matter. You were nearing the end of your second trimester and your baby bump was now apparent to the world. With the bigger baby bump, came a more overprotective husband. Juan didn't want you to pick up anything remotely close to heavy or do anything that could possibly exert you. If it were up to him, you'd be wearing a suit of bubble wrap and sitting on the couch until you went into labor. Yet, you had managed to convince Juan to let you pain the nursery with him.

Opening one box, you smiled, pulling out your wedding memorabilia. Your albums, photos, veil, etc. had all been shoved into the box during your rush move from London to Manchester last year. "Look at what I found," you smiled, showing Juan the pictures and such that you had just uncovered.

"Too bad we didn't get to keep the garter, it looked really good on you," Juan winked.

"And it's stuff like that which is why I now have to buy a whole new wardrobe to accommodate this," you pointed to your belly bump. Juan laughed before kissing you sweetly on the head.

"Please, you love me," he smiled, grabbing the box and walking over to the empty closet you had cleared out the day previous. After the junk and memorabilia was cleared away, you and Juan looked around at the walls. The previous owners had painted the room white, which would make your job easier. Because you were both lazy, you decided to buy the paint and primer in one.

You popped open the can and poured the green paint into the pan. You and Juan didn't know the gender of the baby just yet, and decided to paint the nursery a neutral color. As you set up the sheets on the floor, Juan taped the edges. "Alright, and we are ready to go," Juan smiled, rubbing his hands together in excitement. You handed him a brush and the two of you got to work painting the four walls. Of course, you and Juan couldn't do anything together without goofing off a bit, which never ceased to annoy both of your parents.

As you were silently painting the wall, with your back turned to your husband, you heard him giggle like a blushing school girl. Turning around curiously, you smiled at what he had written. "(Y/N) loves Juan and Juan loves (Y/N)," you read aloud. "Who said I loved you?" you teased in a joking matter.

"I am hurt," Juan mocked crying as you giggle. Taking your paint brush, you painted a smile on Juan's face, causing him to gaze open-mouthed at you. "You did not just do that."

"Oh, but I did," you smirked, turning back around to continue your painting job. You squealed when you felt Juan's wet hand on your butt. You growled at your husband when you noticed the green hand print on your leggings. Dipping your hand in paint, you tried to wipe it on Juan but he ducked and ran away from you. The two of you chased each other through the room, all the while laughing. "Not fair. You're a professional athlete and I'm pregnant," you sighed, trying to catch your breath.

"It's completely fair," Juan called from behind you. You shrieked when his wet hand lathered your cheeks in paint, the cold paint dribbling down your chin. You grabbed Juan's shirt before he could run away and nuzzled your face into his chest, as he squirmed and tried to get away from you. You laughed and ran away from your husband, dipping your hand back into the paint. The paint war had subsided after the two of you, more you than Juan though, were exhausted. You both were absolutely covered in paint and only one wall had been successfully painted.

Waddling out of the room, the paint on your feet now dry, you waddled into your master bedroom right across from the nursery. Walking into your on suite, you turned on the water for a shower, waiting for the water to warm up. Juan waddled in after you, a smirk embedded on his face. "You are so funny, Juan, that I forgot to laugh," you said in a sarcastic tone which only further deepened Juan's smirk.

"I know, I am quite funny," Juan laughed, taking off his paint soaked shirt. "Where are we supposed to throw these things so we don't stain anything?" he asked, referring to his and your paint covered items of clothing, some of which were covered in fresh paint.

"Just throw them in the laundry basket," you motioned to the basket you had tucked into the corner, feeling the water to test its temperature. Peeling off the rest of your soaked clothes you hopped into the shower.

"Can I join?" Juan asked, a pout set on his lips.

"Fine. But you have to wash the paint you threw into my hair out. Who knows how long it'll take me to wash it out on my own," you muttered, causing your husband to smile. "Don't think you're off the hook just yet, Mata, you still have to finish painting that nursery," you jokingly warned.

"What, you don't want to work with me anymore?"

"No, not really. Don't really appreciate paint all over me," you winked before starting to scrub off the paint.