Chapter Seven(Mori Chapter 1): He Shall Smile!

You sat down at a table next to Honey and Mori after a day at the host club. "Do you want to hold my bunny?" Honey giggles and holds out a pink stuffed animal that stares deep within you soul. It's eyes seem to be like a gate into the fires of hell. "Y/N-chan?" Honey pokes you in the cheek.

"Oh! Um y-yeah sure I'll hold it." You say and take the bunny into your arms. You hold it away from you, it's malevolent eyes facing Mori rather than you. You shudder as you imagine it's head turning all the way around to look at you like it does in horror movies.

"Have you brushed your teeth today?" Mori asked Honey in his deep voice. "Yup!" Honey grins and laughs in his adorable high pitched voice. It's weird that he's actually in high school.. Oh well, none of my business.

"Honey! Would you come over here for a sec?" Haruhi calls from across the club. "Coming, Haru-chan!" He replies eagerly and skips away, leaving you alone with Mori.

"So..how is your day today?" You ask him in a quiet voice. He doesn't reply. "Honey is pretty adorable, huh?" You smile up at him. He doesn't say anything. "Are you-"

His face still expressionless, he gets up and walks over to Honey. "I'm not that bad.." You mutter and huff like a child.

"Mori doesn't talk much." Hikaru and Kaoru say as they sit with you. "I noticed." You glanced at him across the room. You found yourself staring at him and you quickly looked down. The twins looked at you with mischievous grins.

"What?" You ask. "Oh nothing." They shrug with slight smirks on their faces. "Does he ever..smile?" You question as you look at his plain expression.

"Hmm..I don't think so. Maybe if Honey was all like 'You're so great! You're the best Takashi!'" Hikaru mimics Honeys voice. "So he only smiles for Honey?" You say.

"Yup." Kaoru replies. "We should change that. I mean, everyone should smile, right?" You tell the twins. Their eyes sparkle with excitement. "We have an idea!" They cheer.

"We should see who can get Mori to smile, minus Honey. " Kaoru states as Tamaki and Kyoya walk over. "What a great idea!" Tamaki laughed. "I know just the prize for the winner." Kyoya pushes up his glasses and holds up pictures of Haruhi in girly clothing.

"WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE?!" Tamaki screeches as he tries to grab them."I have my ways.." Kyoya puts the pictures away. "But I don't want those. What if I can make him smile?" You ask them.

"How about...we'll set you up on a date with Mori!" The twins responded with evil smiles. "W-what?" You stutter. "We saw you staring.." Hikaru wiggles his eyebrows and you step away from him.

Tamaki claps his hands. "It's settled then! Let the competition begin!"

-TIME SKIP-

It has been nearly three weeks and nobody has gotten Mori to smile.You hadn't even tried. Why? Because of the twins and their dumb reward for you if you got Mori to smile. You weren't gonna go on a date with Mori, at least not when the twins arranged it.

As you walked down the halls, you saw Mori standing all alone, looking depressed.

You could try to make him smile and not tell the twins? You went over to him and stood next to him awkwardly. "Hey..Mori..." You playfully punched him in the shoulder and he didn't budge or change his blank face.

"So..um..." You now remember exactly what happens when you try to talk to Mori. Absolutely nothing. You had no idea what made him happy or sad or mad.

"Never mind." You gave up. It's pointless. You began to walk away but you somehow your right foot tripped on you left foot and you fell flat on your face.

"Ow.." You groan in pain as you start to get up. You hear Mori chuckle.

"My misery brings you joy?! That makes you laugh?!" You barked and you folded your arms across you chest with a grumpy face.

Your eyes widened and a smile spread across your face. "I did it! I made you smile!" You cheered as Mori looked at you quizzically.

Little did you know, a certain pair of twins had been listening.