Chapter Twenty Nine(Tamaki Chapter 7): The Host Club Festival

Tamaki's POV

"So...friends?"

Her words echoed in my head for what felt like eternity. My eye twitched every time I heard the word. Friends.

Why did I have to be such an idiot?

Friends. It wasn't what I wanted to be with Y/N. Sure, I was majorly confused with what I felt but friends was not the term I wanted.

I guess it made sense that she thought that was what I wanted. She said it was a stupid mistake. Yeah, it was. But it was my mistake, not hers.

When she tried to kiss me, honestly it kind of freaked me out. I thought I had done the right thing by pulling away. Until I spent every moment since then thinking about what I could have done.

Like kiss her back.

Would it have been magical? Would it have been horrible? How would I have felt if I had kissed her? All I knew now was how I felt when I didn't kiss her. Awful.

At this point, I couldn't tell if it was guilt...or something entirely different.

Regret.

"Tamaki! You're not ready yet?" Kyoya's voice called out and I snapped out of my thoughts and back into reality. "For what?"

He sighed and put a hand on his head like I was giving him a headache. Typical Kyoya.

"The host club festival, Tamaki." He told me scornfully like I was a child.

"Right." I groaned with a pout. I had completely forgot.

"Go get changed." He told me with a look that definitely said 'idiot'. When his back was turned, I stuck my tongue out at him.

After getting changed into my formal, perfectly prince-like attire, I joined the other hosts in Music Room 3 as we all prepared for the Host Club Festival.

What is the Host Club Festival, you may ask? In short, it's an annual formal party where we celebrate the host club's success and the loyal attendees. (A/N: Just go with it guys.)

"Don't I look amazing, Kyoya?" I exclaimed, bringing a hand to my chin in a graceful manner.

"Where is Y/N? She's late." He says and my smile twitches.

"Should we just start without her? Everyone's waiting." Kaoru suggests. I shake my head. "I'll go get her."

As I walk towards the dressing rooms, I sigh deeply. I should at least try to be less awkward around her.

I take a deep breath and enter the room. "Y/N, are you ready yet? We need to..."

There she stood in a beautiful dress, her hair as lovely as always, her eyes sparkling with distress.

She was breathtaking.

Her eyes lit up when she saw me, making my heart thump even faster than before. "Oh Tamaki, thank goodness you're here! Can you zip up my dress?"

My body seemed to freeze in place before I timidly answered, "S-Sure."

I stepped closer to her, my face likely a dark shade of red.

"I'm so sorry I've been taking so long, but I couldn't get my hair right and then my dress wouldn't zip." She muttered, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips.