Chapter Nine(Hikaru/Kaoru Chapter 2): Which Twin Would You Choose

The next day you got up early for school and put on your hideous yellow dress. You began making your breakfast, scrambled eggs and coffee.

You glance behind you every once in a while, checking for the twins. It seemed strange for them to show up at your house before school, but you weren't taking any chances.

You finished your food and then walked outside to your private limousine.

"Hello Miss." Your maid welcomed you and opened the door for you. You smiled and nodded in response and sat down in the car.

The car began to drive, and you and your driver made small talk.

"How is school, ma'am?" He asked. "Fine." You reply, trying to avoid any topic that reminded you of the stupid host club.

"Have you gotten yourself a boyfriend yet? Oh, who am I kidding? You've probably already made five." He chuckles.

Your face heats up as you object: "I do not! I never will, the guys at Ouran are all..." You pause, searching for the right word. Your mind suddenly goes to the host club. "Weird."

He laughs again. "Whatever you say ma'am. " You arrive at Ouran, thank your driver and get out of the car.

You suddenly feel like someone was following you as you walked to the doors of Ouran. You hear shuffling and whispers and you sigh.

You abruptly turn around, causing your stalkers to freak out and hide behind a nearby bush.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, what do you want?" You say as you pull them out from the bush. "You're no fun." Hikaru huffs. Kaoru sighs."It never works on Haruhi either."

You raise an eyebrow and they reply in unison: "We get bored."

"Of course you do. It's not like you have all the money in the world to buy things that entertain you." You roll your eyes. You turn around and start to walk into the school.

"Wait up!" Hikaru catches up to you with a grin on his handsome face. Wait...handsome? You mean deformed or disfigured. Yeah, that's what you meant.

You glance behind you at the bush, but Kaoru's gone. "Where'd your brother go?" You ask Hikaru. He shrugs. "I don't know. Who cares? Let's just enjoy the scenery!" You stare at him quizzically as he puts his arm around your shoulders.

"Guys!" Kaoru shouts from behind you, racing to catch up. He huffs, out of breath. "Why'd you push me in the bush and run, Hikaru?" Kaoru glares at his twin and Hikaru smiles innocently.

You pry Hikaru's arm off of you and take a sharp turn left when you enter the school, losing the twins.

Aren't they supposed to be crazy attached to each other? That's what Haruhi told you anyway.

She explained how on Halloween, the school had a some sort of courage contest and Hikaru had stopped at nothing to get reunited with his brother when they had been separated.

So...why was it when you were around they acted differently?

-

Later, at lunch you sat with the host club as usual. You didn't really have any other friends anyway and they weren't such bad company. Well...

Currently, you were in the middle of a food fight between the twins and it wasn't very fun. "Give up, Kaoru!" Hikaru yelled to his brother in a singsong voice. "Never!" His brother declared as he catapulted mashed potatoes at Hikaru.

Unfortunately, Kaoru is a horrible aim. You angrily wiped the potatoes off of your face with a napkin and shot daggers at Kaoru. "Oops." He laughed nervously. "Stop being children and end this stupid food fight!" You scolded them and threw two grapes at the twins.

Each grape hit them in directly on their foreheads but you couldn't help but let out a laugh when Hikaru's grape exploded on his face and Kaoru's didn't.

Before you knew it, you had joined in on the food fight. "WHO DID THIS?!" A teacher screeches while you and the rest of the host club scurry into Music Room 3, the twins and you laughing hard.

"Control yourselves. The host club opens in two minutes." Kyoya says as he pushes up his glasses. The club hurries and gets ready for the girls and some guys that would come in soon.

Two minutes later, the host club opens and mountains of girls pour in with love and excitement in their eyes. A few guys stroll in and you attend to them for a while before Renge drags you to the twins.

"Who wants to play the which one is Hikaru game?" They chorus, seemingly looking identical at the moment. "Y/N, would you like to try?" They smirk.

"That one is Hikaru." You point to the twin on the left. They both look at each other. "Lucky guess." Kaoru nods.

"Fine. Do it again." You demand and they switch again. "Which one is Hikaru?" They say in sync.

You again point to the left brother. They look at each other and grin. "So you can tell us apart?"

"Duh. It's easy." You shrug and the girls surrounding you stare in awe.

After the club closed, Hikaru and Kaoru come up to you. "If you could pick a twin, which one of us would you chose?" They ask.

"No hello, Y/N, how are you or anything. Geez. Anyway...Which twin would I chose for what?" You say as you swing your bag over your shoulder.

"Like...as a boyfriend." Hikaru states.

You burst out laughing. "What?" You say between laughs. "It's not that funny." Hikaru pouts. "Neither of you." You giggle but they frown. "Really?" Kaoru questions.

"I...don't know." You stop and think for a moment.

"Well, it's not like it matters right? I'd never date you guys. We're friends. It wouldn't work." You tell them and they continue to stare intently at you.

"How do you know?" Hikaru says. "I-Wait, why are you even asking me this?"

"Never mind." They answer as they quickly run away. Which twin would I pick for a boyfriend? Weird question. What's with those two? Hmm...something's up. They're being stupid. I guess it is basic Hitachiin behavior.

"Idiots." You mutter as you shake your head and watch them fade out of view.