Chapter Thirty Five(Tamaki Chapter 8): Dancing in the Hall

Y/N POV

He kissed you. Finally, he kissed you. It was everything you dreamed of and more. I mean, ideally it was at the top of the Eiffel Tower of something, but this was good too.

When you parted, you both had the biggest smiles on your faces.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." He brought a tuft of hair around your ear.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't even know how long you wanted to do that." You chuckled, grasping his hand tightly as if you were worried you'd lose this moment.

"Hey, I know I can be kind of an idiot sometimes. But I always figure it out eventually." Tamaki winked, flipping his glorious mane of blonde hair.

"Took you long enough." You teased, planting a kiss on his cheek.

The distant sound of ballroom music drifted into the hall, echoing in like a soft lullaby. Tamaki outstretched his hand and bowed shortly.

"May I have this dance?"

You couldn't keep the smile off your face as you gently intertwined your fingers with his. He put his hand perfectly on your waist, (though let's be honest would you stop him if he put it lower) and your feet shuffled closer until your toes were almost touching, and you could feel the comforting warmth of each other's breath.

He led in a slow and simple dancing pattern, seeming to be lost in thought as he twirled you about.

"What are you thinking about?" You broke the silence, and his glazed over eyes were interrupted with his blink of disruption.

"Oh..." He blushed slightly, avoiding your gaze. "Nothing..."

"Come on, tell me." You nudged him with your foot.

"It's nothing..." He mumbled, sinking into his collar like a turtle in his shell.

"If you don't tell me, I'm gonna start guessing and it's gonna get messy real quick." Your smile turned devilish.

"Are you thinking about how great of a dancer I am?"

Tamaki shook his head with a short laugh, and nodded sarcastically.

"Are you thinking about how many children we'd have?"

He looked up at the ceiling.

"Well, now I am." He twiddled with a piece of his hair. "But stop guessing, it's somehow more embarrassing than just telling you."

"Are you thinking about how dummy thiccc I am?" You almost snorted the words out, as he sputtered out of the dance.

He covered his beet red face in his hands.

"Please stop, Y/N."

You giggled and grabbed his wrist, pulling him toward you.

"Sorry, couldn't help getting you flustered. But really, what was it? You looked really deep in thought."

Tamaki sighed.

"I was just thinking...do you...are we...are you..." He rambled, his brain clearly in a big jumble of phrasing.

"Tamaki...are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" You asked, your fingers crossed behind your back that that was actually what he was getting at and you weren't making a complete fool of yourself just now.

His eyes lit up and he smiled sheepishly. He cleared out and stood up straighter. He took both your hands in his and took a deep breath.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Y/N?"

Your heart jumped to your throat and you took a step even closer to him.

"I'd love to."

His hands grappled around your waist. His vIoLeT eyes stared into yours, and you were certain you could stay this way forever.

"Ahem."

A cough alerted the two of you of another presence in the hall. You turned and quickly narrowed your eyes with a heavy sigh.

"Kyoya."

"We're kind of in the middle of something here..." Tamaki trailed off, gesturing at you.

"Our guests are waiting for you. I'm sorry, Tamaki, but your responsibilities to the Host Club come first." Kyoya pushed up his glasses with an anime white shimmer.

Tamaki locked eyes with you with an uncertain gaze and you placed a hand softly on his cheek.

"It's okay. Go. I'll still be here after the festival." You smiled timidly.

He grinned, kissed you quick, and scurried off through the double doors.

Your eyes met Kyoya's as he stood in the hallway, looking as friendly as ever.

"You are aware that you and Tamaki cannot be together, right?" He said.

...

"Say what?"

-

So here's a short update since literally no one answered my authors note (R.I.P Author-chan), so I just kept going. Since no one responded to the author's note, which I don't blame you because author's notes suck, I figured I would have better luck with an actual update.

So I'll ask again: Should I keep going with this book?

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day, week, and year! Love you all!❤️

-Anime_Is_Da_Best