Chapter Thirty Two(Hikaru/Kaoru Chapter 8): Movie Date

K so I happened to look at my board and OH MY GOOSH I feel bad...

You guys are so sweet and were wanting an update and I was like oh how long has it been?

It's been...

MANY DAYS. Lol I didn't want to count.

But I felt bad I haven't updated and this was supposed to be the host club festival chapter but WRITER'S BLOCK and I really just wanted to give you guys something so you know I'm still alive and writing!

So this isn't exactly what I wanted to give you all, but here you go! Another chapter! Also, PLEASE tell me if you would like me to go straight onto Mori's chapter or do Hikaru/Kaoru host club festival chapter since this was supposed to be that.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy and I love you all so much for reading my lackluster book! Muah!

-Anime_Is_Da_Best

P.S. The muah was too much, wasn't it? Oh 🐳

Kaoru's POV

As silently as I could, I slowly shut my door behind me, tiptoeing down the stairs soon after.

Once I had my shoes on and I was just about out the door, I figured it'd be best to alert Hikaru to where I was going. Not honestly of course or he'd follow me.

"Hikaru, I'm going out!" I called to my brother, sitting drowsily on the couch. He immediately shot up and gave me a suspicious glance.

"Why?"

"Just...doing....things...you know..." I tried to avoid his gaze. Unfortunately, it was impossible to lie to him. We were twin brothers after all. It becomes pretty hard to lie to one another when you're pretty close to being the same person.

He squinted in my direction, as if an attempt to read my thoughts, and sighed.

"You're going to go see Y/N, right?" He crossed his arms and sunk deeper in his seat. His face was a mixture of disdain and resentment as he rolled around to stop facing me and continued watching TV.

"What? W-What gave you that idea? I mean, that's so out of the blue, I didn't even think of-"

"Kaoru." He stopped me, turning towards me. "Do you think I'm an idiot?"

"Something tells me you would not be all too pleased with my answer to that." I muttered.

He sighed and stood up. "You know that this means I have to go too, right?" Hikaru began putting on his shoes.

"Does it?" I muttered and he shot me a look.

"We're always together, so what's different this time?" He asked, a smirk tugging at his lips, facading naivety.

I rolled my eyes. "We both know what's different." My thoughts immediately went to Y/N. Her beautiful smile made my insides bubbly.

Hikaru must've had a similar thought because his smile quickly faded and his expression melted into something much more serious.

His sadness truly made my heart ache. As much as I cared about Y/N, this was my brother. My best friend. I placed a hand on his shoulder and stepped closer to him.

"Listen, I...I'm sorry." I looked into my brother's eyes.

"Me too. This is so stupid." He chuckled placing one of his hands on mine.