Chapter Thirty Six (Kyoya Chapter 9): Big Oof

"Y/N and Kyoya sitting in a tree, f u c-"

"For the love of God, you two."

You, Kyoya, and the twins sat in an uneven circle on the hard floor outside the loud ballroom. Your hands were on your temples as Hikaru and Kaoru whispered loudly in what could only be described as valley girl accents.

"They are totes adorbs." Hikaru twisted a piece of his short hair around his finger in the most obvious way you'd ever seen anyone do it.

"I know right? They are gonna be all the talk of the school." Kaoru pulled out a paper fan from absolutely nowhere and fanned himself.

"Would you two kindly cut it out?" Kyoya sighed, glancing at you for a moment. "I don't think we should make a show of it."

"But," Hikaru and Kaoru put their hands on their chests dramatically in sync. "Your love is so pure."

Kyoya rolled his eyes.

"No one can know about Y/N and I." He stated, noticeably avoiding your looks.

The three of you stared back at him in confusion. You said nothing, though stung a bit by his words. Sure the relationship was total bogus at first, but that kiss was real... he confessed to you, you confessed. By fanfic laws, you two were official.

"Um, Kyoya," Kaoru gave a blank look. "What the actual fuck did you just say to me."

Kyoya sighed again. Man, he sighs a lot. Is he always so stressed with the people around him?

Or maybe the writer is just too lazy to find other ways to convey emotion.

He looked like he was about to answer, but the gaze he was dodging caught the corner of his eye. He could probably see the hurt in your eyes because he quickly grabbed one of your hands and turned his body to block the twins from view.

"Y/N, I meant everything I said. Please don't misunderstand."

You scoffed. "Right, what is there to misunderstand? You don't want to be with me unless it's bullshit." His eyes flashed from careful and calculated to a little bit taken aback.

"What? No, let me explain."

You thought about interrupting him with a "don't bother" or "I understand perfectly" and storming off, but you had enough sense to hear him out instead of jumping to conclusions.

"My father...he needed to believe I was in a relationship so I could avoid a marriage of convenience. And he does, although he's probably upset about being talked back to, he'll get over it since you're from a rich family."

You nodded, but it was a bit hard to focus with the twins mirroring you and Kyoya but at least 10x more dramatic with hand gestures and fake slaps.

"But...the people here can't know. I may be a bit more behind the scenes, but I'm still a part of the Host Club, an important one, and a Host Club member simply cannot have a girlfriend."

You felt your heart twinge. Did his image in the Host Club, its success, mean more to him than you..?

You mentally kicked yourself for being such a drama queen. He was trying so hard to make you understand, to make you okay with it. You could see it. You cared about him too much to make a big deal of it.

You had to compromise your feelings for his. Wait...that doesn't sound right. But...you looked at his hopeful albeit worried expression; and from your ice bear, it meant he needed you.

You pushed down all the negative emotions you were feelings and forced a smile.

"I get it, Kyoya. We won't make it public."

"You bastard! How could you-" Hikaru and Kaoru stopped their little production behind Kyoya. Their expressions softened and turned a bit more serious than you would have expected from them.

"Are you serious, Y/N?" Kaoru said.

You felt Kyoya tighten his grip on your hand, almost like he was afraid you'd let go. You squeezed back to reassure him.

"It's fine, Kaoru, really. The Host Club means a lot to everyone and I'm not going to do anything to jeopardize its image or Kyoya's." The words coming from your mouth, though it was how you wanted to feel, it felt robotic.

"Kyoya," Hikaru pushed by his brother and stood in front of you, facing Kyoya. "Think about Y/N's feelings. You know, for once."

His tone was cold and you felt suddenly protective over Kyoya.

You put a hand on Hikaru's shoulder.

"Hikaru, it's not your place. I said I'm fine with it." You tried to reason.

He turned to you and rolled his eyes. "Please, Y/N, stop lying. Kyoya is being a coward. If anyone but him in the Host Club wanted to be with someone they loved, they'd do it. Without hesitation. Especially since there's no guarantee anything would even happen to the Host Club."

Kyoya got closer to Hikaru with a sour expression. "Are you actually saying that if I cared about her more, I would sacrifice the Host Club for her?"

You thought about butting in, but you had to admit, you agreed with Hikaru a little. But nonetheless you had to stand by Kyoya.

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Back me up, Kaoru." Hikaru said.

"Kyoya, Hikaru's right. Although a bit harsh. We all know you care about Y/N as well as the Host Club. You should be with her. It doesn't matter if we lose a few Kyoya-crazy fans because of it." Kaoru suggested in a much more calm manner.

"You two don't get it. It's not just the fans who would be disappointed but I'd spend less time working, everything we've built would falter. I'm not doing that to Tamaki, or the rest of you, including Y/N. She understands." Kyoya argued.

The twins looked over at you and you nodded, but they could definitely sense the slight hesitation.

"Kyoya-" They began but Kyoya waved a hand at them in reply.

"It doesn't matter what you two think. Y/N is willing and I believe this is the only solution." He past them and grabbed your hand, pulling you down the hallway. "We're leaving."

As he grasped your hand and tugged you toward the exit, you watched Hikaru scoff and Kaoru waved goodbye with a sad smile.

Were the twins right? Or was Kyoya?

Either way, the door slammed shut behind you, leaving you and Kyoya alone.

-

Whoa, that was weirdly dramatic. I don't know what I'm doing.

But hey, I decided to continue the story! Yay! Never ending fanfic!!

I hope you didn't mind the strangely tense feel of this chapter, it was not intentional lol. Maybe you liked it, maybe not. I did my best 😭

Thank you so much for reading and supporting my book! Since I'm continuing the book, feel free to make suggestions! Not every chapter has to be the soap opera I made this one! Light hearted Kyoya feels in the next one I promise👌

I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful day, night, and everything else also!

-Anime_Is_Da_Best

P.S. If you need a summary of this chapter, read the title lmao

P.S.S. Is it obvious that the twins are my favorite since they're literally in every single chapter