Chapter 3

Landon's POV
I woke up in my bed. Brody must of brought me up here after I fell asleep on him. My stomach was killing me and I was all sweaty. I looked over at my clock and it was 3 am. I really didn't feel good. I wanted to go to my dad but I didn't want to wake him but my stomach started hurting more. I got up off my bed and tip toed down the hall to my dads room. He was laying in his bed peaceful asleep. I walked over to him and poked his shoulder.

"Dad! Wake up please I need you." I said shaking him awake.

"Hmm.. Landon? Are you ok?" My dad asked me wondering why I was in his room in the middle of the night.

"Dad my stomach hurts really bad and I don't feel good." I said clutching my stomach in pain.

"Here come sit." My dad said patting the bed for me to sit.

I sat by him and he touched the back of his hand to my forehead.

"Wow. You're burning up." He said kissing my forehead.

My stomach started feeling really weird and immediately I knew I was gonna throw up. I instantly jumped off his bed and ran to his bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and emptied my insides. My dad kneels down beside me and rubs my back.

"Are you ok buddy?" Asked my dad.

"No! I don't feel good. Make it stop please." I said tearing up.

He grabbed a warm washcloth and wiped my mouth.

"You wanna sleep with me tonight?" My dad asked wanting to keep and eye on me.

"Yes please." I said not wanting to leave his side.

He picks me up off the floor and takes me to his bed and sets me down. I quickly get under the covers due to being freezing.

"D-dad I-I'm really c-c-cold." I say with my teeth chattering.

He gets in bed on the other side of me and cuddles me into his warm chest.

"Are you warming up bud?" He asked trying to get me as warm as possible.

"Yeah thanks dad." I said while trying to get as close to him as possible.

"You're welcome. Now go to sleep. It will make you feel better." He says while kissing my head.

"M'kay." I answer already falling asleep.
-------------------------------------------------
Mark's POV
I woke up to Landon cuddled into me when the events of last night came back to me. My poor baby is really sick. I slowly get out of bed and make my way downstairs to get medicine. It's the liquid kind and Landon hates this kind. It's gonna be a struggle to get him to drink it. I also grab a glass of juice so he can get the bad taste of the medicine out of his mouth.

When I get upstairs he's still sleeping peacefully. I really don't want to wake him but he needs to take some medicine and hopefully he won't throw it up.

"Landon you need to wake up and take your medicine." I say while shaking him slightly.

"Mhmm what?" He asked tiredly.

"I need you to take some medicine." I say again.

"But dad that medicine is gross." He whines.

"I know buddy and I'm sorry but it will make you feel better I promise." I say trying to convince him.

"Ok fine. But then can I go back to sleep? I'm really tired!" He said.