Chapter 16

Landon's POV
Tonight is the evening before school starts and I'm excited and nervous. It's my first year of junior high and we have to switch buildings. It's closer to the high school that Brody and Noah go to. I'm really excited to see Mackenzie tomorrow and I'm hoping we have a lot of classes together.

"Landon get your book bag and football bag packed tonight." Brody told me. Tomorrow is the first football practice of the year. I hope I do good and get on varsity.

"Ok!" I said and went to pack everything. I have a under armor bookbag and a Nike duffel bag for sports. I went back downstairs to see if dinner was ready.

"Brody is dinner ready?" I asked him.

"I ordered Chinese it should be here soon." He told me. As I wait for the food I went to my room and texted Mackenzie. She's nervous for the first day too. Once school starts I'm definitely going to ask her out. I just need to find the right time.

"Guys dinners here!" Brody yells. I run down the stairs and almost made it to the kitchen when Noah tripped me.

"Noah you jerk! Why'd you do that?" I say trying to stand up but he keeps his foot on my back holding me down.

"I'm getting you ready for football tomorrow!" He smiles.

"How?" I ask still struggling.

"I'm building your baby strength." He tells me.

"Just get off." I say hitting his leg.

"Fine." He says and lifts his foot off. Right as I'm about to get up he grabs both my ankles and carries me upside down. My shirt falls into my face making me unable to see.

"Noah put me down! I'm hungry." I whine. He continues to carry me but says nothing.

"What are you guys doing?" Brody asks.

"Help me! He's being a jerk." I say talking through my shirt.

"Nice nipples." Brody laughs.

"Guys!" I groan and Noah drops me on the floor.

"Ow!! You're gonna give me a concussion." I tell Noah.

"Ah your fine." He says and starts putting food on his plate. I sit in my chair and Brody puts a plate in front of me. We start eating and Brody starts a conversation.

"Are you excited for football Landon?" Brody asks me.

"Yeah! But what if I don't make varsity?" I say.

"It won't matter, but I'm pretty sure you will." Brody encourages me.

"Yeah you were always the best person on your team." Noah tells me.

"Yeah I'm probably better than Brody! He kind of sucks." I smirk.

"Oh really?" Brody asks standing up and walking over to me. I hop off my chair and make a run for it.

"No! I was kidding!" I yell and run upstairs. He doesn't listen to me and continues to run after me. I try to hide but Brody grabs me.