Chapter 38

Landon's POV
Noah has been grounded for 3 days already and he's going crazy. It's nice to finally not be the person who is grounded.

It was still morning and I was in bed still sleeping. Noah barged into my room with a smile on his face.

"Hey little buddy!" He said, sitting beside me on my bed.

"Hmm?" I asked with my eyes closed. I was way to tired to hold a conversation.

"You wanna do me a favor?" He asked rubbing my back.

"Not really. I want to sleep." I told him and rolled over bringing the covers over my head.

"C'mon please?" He begged. It must be something he really wants because he never begs.

"What is it?" I asked. I wasn't gonna say I would do it until I knew what I was getting myself into.

"I need you to take back my phone and keys from Brody." He said.

"No way!" I protested. Brody would be pissed.

"I'll buy you a video game." He bribed me.

"And you have to let me watch tv in your room for the next month." I countered his offer.

"Fine, but you can't come watch tv super early in the morning or in the middle of the night." He told me.

"Deal!" I accepted. Brody would be mad at me if I was watching tv in the middle of the night anyways.

"Sweet!" He smiled. "Do you know you aren't a bad little brother, you're actually pretty great!" He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I know! You just now figured that out?" I scoffed.

"Yeah. You were kinda iffy in the beginning." He joked.

"Whatever. Can you leave now? I want to go back to sleep." I asked. He was interrupting my beauty sleep.

"No, you have to go get my stuff." He told me pulling me out of bed.

"Can't I do it later?" I asked exhausted.

"No! Now go get it." He shoved me out of my room.

"Wait!" I turned around. "Where is it?" Usually Brody hid our stuff in my dad's room, but he figured out we knew where it was and changed the place.

"In Brody's room." He told me. "I'm not exactly sure where in his room, so you're gonna have to search for it."

"Ok." I nodded. "Where is he?"

"Downstairs eating breakfast, so do it quickly."  Noah told me. Brody's room is huge. It's gonna take some time to find it.

"I'm gonna be in my room." Noah said walking off.

I peaked around the corner and saw Brody downstairs eating breakfast like Noah said. His plate was half empty and when he was finished he would probably come to his room and shower.

I hurried to Brody's room. I looked around and Noah's phone and keys weren't in a obvious place.

I crawled under his bed and turned on my phone flashlight and shined it. Nothing at all, Brody was a little bit of a clean freak. His room was always organized. Noah is the opposite. You'll find leftovers pizza and dirty clothes everywhere. Brody gets after him about it, but Noah probably won't change.

I went back to looking. I went to his closet and started opening drawers and throwing clothes all over, but I still didn't find them. As I was about to leave the closet I saw one more drawer I hadn't opened yet. I closed my eyes and prayed it was in there. I pulled it open and at first I didn't see them because all of the crap Brody had stored in it, but I rummaged around and found the phone and keys at the bottom. I stuffed them into my pockets and looked around at the huge mess I made. I didn't intended to make such a mess. I was too focused on finding Noah's things to think.