Chapter 48

Brody's POV
It's a couple weeks after the incident. Landon is getting back to normal slowly, but hates being alone. My dad stayed home with him for a week to make sure he was ok, but then left to handle his work.

It was Saturday morning and I was laying in bed still waking up. I heard a knock at my door and Noah walked in with a sleeping Landon in his arms.

"What's up?" I asked a little confused.

"I'm leaving to hangout with my friends, but Landon had a nightmare this morning and didn't want to be alone." He told me placing Landon beside me on my bed. Since the incident Landon gets really bad nightmares, but they have gotten better. He's down to about 3 a week.

"Ok, thanks." I smile. He really has stepped up and started helping me a lot more since Landon was kidnapped. Even though he'll deny it, he does enjoy being a big brother and helping out Landon.

"I'll be home later." He told me and left my room.

I planned on going to the gym today with some of my friends. I haven't been in a week, but I need to start getting into shape. Basketball starts next Monday, but tryouts are at the end of this week. I'm not trying to be cocky, but I'm pretty sure Noah and I will make the team. I've always played on varsity and have gotten really close to all the players. Noah was a freshman last year, but he followed in my footsteps and got on varsity. I really enjoyed playing with him and I can't wait to do it again this year. We both push each other to play better. Every time they're drills coach always puts us against each other. I usually win, which irritates Noah, but a couple time he has beat me.

I texted Lucas and Ben and we decided on going to the gym at 9 and probably hangout afterwards.

I looked over at Landon and he was still peacefully sleeping. I hated to wake him up, but I was gonna be late. His sleeping schedule as been off for a couple of weeks and my dad wants me to try to fix it.

"Landon." I nudged his shoulder. He wiggled a little then fell still again.

"Landon." I shook him a little harder. He opened his eyes and looked super confused. He looked around and back at me.

"I thought I went to Noah room this morning." He told me, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, you did, but Noah had to leave, so he brought you in here." I told him.

"Ok good! I thought I was going crazy!" He said seriously.

"You're already crazy!" I smirked and messed up his hair.

"Brody! Not the hair!" He whined, trying to smooth it down.

"You have bed head anyways. I didn't mess anything up." I told him, getting out of bed. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Why did you wake me up anyway?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm going to the gym, so you coming with?" I asked him. I knew he definitely wouldn't want to stay home by himself. He scared that he's gonna get kidnapped again, even though our mom is dead.

"I'm not staying here by myself!" He protested.

"Ok, that's fine. Go get dressed for the gym then." I told him and he groaned. He got out of my bed and went to his room.

I got out Nike shorts and a under armor cut off. I didn't bother with a shower yet. I usually take one after the gym. I grabbed some extra clothes for later and put them in my Nike duffle bag.

I went downstairs and made a protein shake, while I waited for Landon.

He came down the stairs very slowly. It looked like his eyes were still shut. He made his way into the kitchen and laid his head on the counter.