Chapter 18

Brody's POV
Today is our first home football game and I'm really excited. We didn't have school today because it's a teacher work day which means we have practice during the day. While Noah and I are at practice we are gonna have to leave Landon home alone. That doesn't ever happen. He is usually always with one of us or at a friends house.

I am just getting in the shower and getting ready. Practice is at 12:30-3 so I have to make Landon lunch before I go because he is not allowed to cook. He has had to many accidents that usually involve fire. Once I'm out of the shower I throw on gym clothes. I don't even bother with my hair because it's just going to get all messy and sweaty.

I make it downstairs and I still have an hour and a half to kill. It's 11 o'clock and Landon is still in his room. He's probably FaceTiming Mackenzie which he does 24/7.

I turn on the Olympics and watch basketball. Soon Landon comes down the stairs still in his boxers. He looks absolutely tired.

"Hey bud!" I say.

"Hi." He says tiredly and sits beside me.

"Why are you sleeping so much?" I ask him ruffling his hair.

"I had a nightmare and I couldn't sleep." He told me laying his body across my lap.

"You should have came to my room." I tell him, rubbing his back.

"You have your first football game tonight and I didn't want you to be tired." He told me.

"That's very considerate of you, but next time just come wake me up." I tell him while he cuddles into me.

I sit there in silence and I'm pretty sure he fell asleep until Noah ran down the stairs and jumped on us.

"FIRST FOOTBALL GAME TONIGHT!" Noah yells excitedly.

"I was trying to sleep." Landon groans.

"Noah get off!" I told him.

"Fine, but why is Landon sleeping? It's 11 o'clock!" Noah asks.

"He had a nightmare and didn't get much sleep." I say looking down at Landon who fell asleep again.

"Ok so when are we leaving?" He asks me.

"12, so in one hour. Don't make me late." I tell him. He usually has a problem with being on time.

"Alright I won't." He sighs.

"What do you want for lunch?" I ask changing the subject.

"Pizza." Noah answered looking at his phone.

"No way. You want pizza before we go practice? You're gonna throw up." I told him.

"Oh true! How about sandwiches?" He asks.

"Alright. Bud wake up!" I tell Landon shaking him. He opens he's eyes and says, "What?"

"I'm making sandwiches then we have to leave." I say.

"Good! I'm finally gonna be home all alone." He says excitedly.

"Yeah just don't make a mess or break something." I tell him.

"I'll try!" He smirked.

Noah grabbed him and put him in a headlock.

"You better not just try. You can't brake anything or i'll hurt you!" Noah told him.

"You always hurt me." Landon says struggling to get out of the headlock.

"Only when you deserve it, which is always." Noah smirks shoving Landon on the couch.