Chapter 81

Landon's POV
My dad is coming home for a few days. He said he had a surprise for us so I'm super excited.

"Landon go clean your room before dad gets home," Brody told me

"But why?" I complained. Cleaning is legit the worst.

"Cause dad said to have the house clean by the time he got home," Brody informed me.

"Why can't the maids clean my room?" I asked. They come twice a week, but they never clean my brothers and I rooms. My dad said that we can at least do that our selves, but I don't wanna.

"You know dad wants us to do our room ourselves, so go!" Brody pointed upstairs to my room.

I rolled my eyes and went to my room, but in all honesty I wasn't actually gonna clean.

I played some music and danced a little, hoping my brothers wouldn't come in and make fun of me.

"Landon!" I heard Noah shout. I groaned, he's probably mad at me for something.

"What?" I asked, walking into his room.

"Turn your fucking music down!" He glared at me.

"My music is barely on!" I protested. There's no way he can't actually hear it. I can't even hear it from his room.

"Just go turn it down you shithead," He told me. I sighed and left his room. I went to mine and turned my music off, even though the volume was at 5.

I went downstairs wanting to watch tv, but Brody was already watching it. I sighed and sat beside him.

"Can I watch something?" I asked.

"When this is over," He told me, glancing at me. I leaned back on the couch and played on my phone.

A couple minutes later Brody's phone dinged, signaling he got a text. He pulled it out and read it.

"Dad said he'll be home in 5 minutes," Brody told me. I smiled wide. I couldn't wait to see him.

"Do you know what the surprise is?" I asked Brody. He usually knew first what my dad was gonna tell us.

"Nope," He told me.

"Promise?" I pressed. He doesn't always tell me the truth.

"Yes, I promise. Now shut up so I can watch my show," Brody said agitated.

I suddenly heard the front door open. I jumped up from the couch and ran towards the door. My dad stood there taking off his jacket and shoes.

"DAD!" I yelled, charging at him. He looked up and was caught off guard by me jumping on him.

"Woah, hey bud," He chucked, and caught me.

"So what's the surprise?" I asked, as he set me down.

"I'll tell you soon, but let's go say hi to your brothers," He told me.

He walked over to the stairs, but noticed Brody in the living room. He smiled, but then looked over at me.

"Can you go get Noah?"

"I guess," I sighed. "NOAH!"

"Shut up, Landon!" Noah yelled at me. I turned to my dad.

"He's been grumpy all day," I informed him. He shook his head and chuckled.

Noah came out of his room and down the steps.

"Hey, old man," Noah grinned at my dad.

"Old man? I'm not old! I'm only 38," My dad told us.

"I don't know dad, that's pretty old," Brody joined the conversation.

"I don't think you're old!" I told my dad, hugging him.

"Of course you don't, daddies boy," Noah rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'm ok with him being a daddies boy cause you guys won't," My dad told Noah. Dad picked me up and started kissing all over my face.

"Dad stop!" I yelled. "You're embarrassing!" He kissed me one last time then set me on the couch.

He took a seat beside me and clapped his hands together.

"Well, are you guys ready for my surprise?" My dad asked us.

"Yep!" I nodded, and my brothers just let out a grunt.

"I met someone," He said quickly.

"What? As in a girlfriend?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes, as in a girlfriend," My dad answered me. He began scanning our faces to see our reaction.

I got up off the couch and stormed to my room, slamming the door extra hard.

Brody's POV
My dad just told us he got a girlfriend. I'm happy for him. He's been lonely since he divorced my mom. I'm guessing Landon wasn't too thrilled cause he just stormed off.

"I'll go talk to him," I sighed, standing up.

I went to Landon's room and he was laying on his floor with a blanket over his head.

"Bud, what's wrong?" I asked, taking a seat next to him on the floor.

He took the blanket off his face and sat up.

"I don't want dad to have a girlfriend," He said sadly.

"Why not?" I asked. I thought he might kinda like it. He likes Noah and I's girlfriends.

"He doesn't even have time to see us very often and I don't want him to spend his extra time with her over us," He explained to me.

"And what if she's mean to me like mom was!?" He continued.

"Bud, I doubt she'll be mean like mom, but you have to at least meet her to see if she's mean," I told him. He does have very good reasons to not want my dad date someone, but I actually think it will make my dad be home more.

"I guess," He sighed.

"Are you gonna come back downstairs now?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but I gotta pee," He told me, going into the bathroom.

I went back downstairs, Noah and my dad were talking.

"Is he good?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, he just doesn't want her to be like mom," I explained to him. He looked up at me and frowned, probably thinking of all the bad memories my mom left us.

"I promise she's not like that," He told me, and Landon came down the steps.

"Land, come here," My dad told him. He walked over and my dad set him on his lap.

"Don't worry about her being mean like mom. I've made sure she's good, so I would really like you to meet her," My dad said.

"Ok, I will," Landon agreed, making my dad smile.

"Great! You guys will meet her tomorrow!" Dad said.

To be continued...